Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
In yet another of Lexus' oddball, artsy-fartsy initiatives, the marque hired London-based tattoo artist Claudia De Sabe and her Japanese-born husband Yutaro to create "the world's first tattooed car", using an Ultra White Lexus UX 250h F Sport as a starting point. Here are some photos, a link to the Lexus Europe Newsroom release and short and long videos.

800_01-lexus-tattoo-front-3quarter.jpg

800_04-lexus-tattoo-side01.jpg

800_06-lexus-tattoo-detail.jpg

https://newsroom.lexus.eu/lexus-unveils-the-worlds-first-tattooed-car/

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
20-03-18-lexus-ux-tattooed.jpg

Lexus UK commissioned tattoo artist Claudia De Sabe to create a custom UX crossover:

De Sabe used a dremel drill to map out the tattoo, then painted the remainder. The process took five full days to complete — here’s a behind-the-scenes look:

Continue reading...

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
It's nothing you couldn't do with a wrap, but I like the design in a "show this at SEMA" kind of way. And it plays into the Lexus "hand crafted details" message.

Reactions
It's nothing you couldn't do with a wrap, but I like the design in a "show this at SEMA" kind of way. And it plays into the Lexus "hand crafted details" message.
It would be a better fit to an art exhibition than SEMA since nothing was done to make it "modified". Otherwise, this did even less for me than that Sriracha IS 🥵🌶 😄

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Yeah, obviously you'd have to actually mod the car for SEMA, but the look is definitely there. And I think this makes more sense than the Sriracha IS (Sriracha itself definitely isn't a trend anymore, while tattooing has rather a longer history).