Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Those aren't what we are talking about though - what is between the wing mirror displays is obviously changeable.

The placement of the wing mirror displays has been commented on as perfect by Fully Charged when they reviewed the E - comparing it to the Audi placement down on the door cards and pointing out the awkward ness of that setup.

The only way it could be better is if they used OLED displays that can follow unconventional shapes and therefore don't need to be rectangular. Think the current iPhone lineup with it's rounded corners and notch - a display like that could obviously work into an interior trim piece a lot more smartly than two rectangles.

What is clear is that the E is by far the best implementation of the wing mirrors so far - small aerodynamic attractive housings on the outside and displays in the ideal location that don't look like an afterthought.

Lexus' is almost like a joke with how bad it looks - apparently larger than regular wing mirrors on the outside and like having two GPS TomToms hanging from the A-pillars.
Save your breath (or your fingers). It is obvious that you are a big fan of the Honda E. I don't like it (at least until I actually sit in it and drive it) and no amount of your pleas (of your own arguments or some auto critic's arguments -- I really do not put much stock into what any unknown auto critics say) will persuade me.

So, let's just agree to disagree and end this male ego match right here, right now.

Reactions
Those aren't what we are talking about though - what is between the wing mirror displays is obviously changeable.

The placement of the wing mirror displays has been commented on as perfect by Fully Charged when they reviewed the E - comparing it to the Audi placement down on the door cards and pointing out the awkward ness of that setup.

The only way it could be better is if they used OLED displays that can follow unconventional shapes and therefore don't need to be rectangular. Think the current iPhone lineup with it's rounded corners and notch - a display like that could obviously work into an interior trim piece a lot more smartly than two rectangles.

What is clear is that the E is by far the best implementation of the wing mirrors so far - small aerodynamic attractive housings on the outside and displays in the ideal location that don't look like an afterthought.

Lexus' is almost like a joke with how bad it looks - apparently larger than regular wing mirrors on the outside and like having two GPS TomToms hanging from the A-pillars.

Agreed. Honda nailed the interior with the E, my only issue is below the screens where that black stuff (plastic maybe?) looks really unappealing.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
Save your breath (or your fingers). It is obvious that you are a big fan of the Honda E. I don't like it (at least until I actually sit in it and drive it) and no amount of your pleas (of your own arguments or some auto critic's arguments -- I really do not put much stock into what any unknown auto critics say) will persuade me.

So, let's just agree to disagree and end this male ego match right here, right now.

2I8Mc9q.gif

Reactions