Lexus at the #CIAS2016

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
This is a small thread to discuss the 2016 Canadian Auto Show. We can share our experiences, not only of the Lexus Exhibition, but also the Show in general.
canadian-international-auto-show-logo.jpg

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
I went to the Auto Show yesterday.

I really liked the Lexus Exhibit. There were a lot of great things. First thing, cars. For performance cars, there was a Molten Pearl RC F with the Carbon Package, which got CRAZY attention from people. The car was packed so much that I couldn't even get a chance to sit in it. But I did get to sit in the GS F with my sister which was the regular USB. I overheard someone laughing at how the trim on the GS F looked like their kitchen backsplash :). Sadly there was no LC 500 there :(. There also was the famous red Rocket Bunny RC 350 with Vossen Wheels. Everyone was literally staring at it with their jaws dropped all the way down. (The wheels looked great by the way)
lexus-rc-f-molten-pearl.jpg

Rocket-Bunny-Lexus-RC-350-Vossen-Forged-Precision-Series-VPS-310-Importfest-%C2%A9-Vossen-Wheels-2015-2043.jpg

There was also the LF-C2 concept, which had its Canadian Debut.
LFC2-01.jpg

The rest of the cars were the LS, GS, IS, IS F Sport, ES, LX, NX, RX and RC. My dad said the LX interior was incredibly spacious and luxurious.

Okay, wait for the best part, Virtual Racing!

The Lexus representatives gave us a plastic card with a unique QR code like image on it. And when we place it on a giant screen on a table, we have to select a car, between the RC F, RC 350 and IS 350 F Sport. Then we wait in a huge line. I had to wait 30 minutes in line, but it was definitely worth it. There was a Gran Turismo like steering wheel. and we scan our card and the car that you select comes on. (I selected the RC F, obviously, since there was no GS F) then they give you some high-tech looking goggles that cover your whole vision. Next thing I knew, I was sitting in an RC F about to race on a track against the others! If you still don't understand I was in a Virtual Reality Racing Simulator that is similar to the Oculus Rift. It was awesome, but as an experienced Gran Turismo gamer, I was braking at the turns, which acted like handbrakes for some reason because I kept spinning out of control every time, so turns out there was Braking Assist, so it slows down for me. Still, it was the best racing experience ever! When I turn my head, I could see all the detailed interior of the RC F! It had red seats and I could even see the back and overhead lights! Lexus also gave me a Lexus Lineup book, but sadly they didn't have posters like BMW or Porsche did :(.

Now for the general Auto Show. There were two separate buildings that it was held in which were connected by a skywalk at the top floors. There were cool non-manufacturer exhibits such as Tuning companies and wheel stores etc. (I saw Vossen Forged Wheels too) There were custom cars everywhere, and also drifting machines. There were also Exotic Cars like Lambos, Paganis, etc. I got to sit in a Tesla Model S 90D, and let me tell you, the front screen is bigger the a 17.3-inch laptop! I liked the custom supercars and their cool liscence plates. For example, there was a bright blue Huracan, with a Nyan Cat on the side and the plate said PURRACAN. Also there was a Matte Black McLaren P1 with a plate that said DATP1THO. Also, there was a Rainbow Metallic Gallardo and a McLaren MP4-12C with the front replaced with the front of a P1! I also got to sit in some awesome cars such as the Camaro SS.

The Canadian Auto Show was great and I can't wait to come back next year!

mikeavelli

Reactions
Great feedback, I hope to make that show one day. The video game sounded cool.

In regards to the Importfest RC 350 Rocket Bunny, we worked with them to make that happen and its great to see Lexus Canada support things by having it on the show circuit. The owner runs the big Importfest show (let me know if you are going in August) and is a great guy.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
It was just so cool to see all these cars we've been fantasizing about in person!

Reactions: RAL

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
Best part of the Lexus exhibit for me was to sign up for a test drive of the GS F. I get to drive my dream Lexus on Saturday!