Kelvin2020

Follower
Reactions

Will this be a competitor to LFR?

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
OH smokes that's cool.
It's gonna have to outdo whatever Lexus is gonna pull off with LFR come the next 2-3 years. Given they've been experimenting with their superconductor hybrid system in their special edition vehicles, I think it'd prolly be a more effective system for flat out speed. If nothing else, I'd be curious if TMC has an ace up their sleeve no one knows about, it's their game to impress the supercar landscape.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Imagine driving a car and carrying tanks of liquid helium to keep the motors cold enough. That superconductor car thing is vaporware, Lamborghini ran out of ideas.

Reactions

This is the Lamborghini SC63 LMDh. It is powered by a 3.8L twin-turbocharged V8 that revs to ~10k RPM that is coupled with a spec hybrid system as per the LMDh regulations. This engine will be in the Huracan successor, where the turbos will kick in only past a certain point, and will otherwise be a naturally aspirated engine.

This has nothing to do with the Aventador successor, otherwise known as the Revuelto.

If y'all want to see this car in action, tune into the first race of the World Endurance Championship, the Qatar (ew) 1812 km, as unfortunately it was not ready for IMSA's 24 Hours of Daytona. And since this is a Lexus forum, Lexus will also make its WEC debut too, but in the LMGT3 class with the venerable French team Akkodis ASP using the dinosaur RC F GT3 (I expect the BoP to be favorable to us though). Toyota Gazoo Racing are also the ones to beat in the Hypercar category, with Ferrari and Cadillac right on their heels.