Jeremy Clarkson Drives the Lexus GS F on The Grand Tour

mikeavelli

Reactions
Not offering a competitive set of luxury amenities in a luxury-branded car is what's stupid, not pointing out such a fact. The current E-Class, 5-series, A6, and heck, even the Q70 and MKZ all offer massaging seats, so why shouldn't the GS?

I totally agree the GS F should have massaging seats (and in the USA the luxury package that the Canadians get). It's stunning the GS F loses the power rear trunk and rear windshield shade as well in the USA. Its utterly perplexing for that price. I would think for 84k, the car is COMPLETELY loaded since its down 100hp.

They are damn near deal breakers. The GS F seats while fabulous, only have like 8 or 10 adjustments which is ridiculous when the F-Sport has 16 and the luxury package has 18.

Makes absolutely no sense.

That said as Clarkson noted, you kind of forget that a bit if you get a chance to push this car. It is really one of the best driving cars out today at any price.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I totally agree the GS F should have massaging seats (and in the USA the luxury package that the Canadians get). It's stunning the GS F loses the power rear trunk and rear windshield shade as well in the USA. Its utterly perplexing for that price. I would think for 84k, the car is COMPLETELY loaded since its down 100hp.

They are damn near deal breakers. The GS F seats while fabulous, only have like 8 or 10 adjustments which is ridiculous when the F-Sport has 16 and the luxury package has 18.

Makes absolutely no sense.

That said as Clarkson noted, you kind of forget that a bit if you get a chance to push this car. It is really one of the best driving cars out today at any price.

I agree on the massaging seats from a pure-comfort point of view, but I'm not sure that I'd want them turned on if I was actually using the GS-F's power or handling capabilities on the road. They're OK for cruising or non-aggressive driving, but (at least as I see it....others are free to disagree), that kind of power and ability, when actually used, demands 100% concentration on the road...which may be hard to do while getting one's butt massaged.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I agree on the massaging seats from a pure-comfort point of view, but I'm not sure that I'd want them turned on if I was actually using the GS-F's power or handling capabilities on the road. They're OK for cruising or non-aggressive driving, but (at least as I see it....others are free to disagree), that kind of power and ability, when actually used, demands 100% concentration on the road...which may be hard to do while getting one's butt massaged.

I've driven quite a few with them, it doesn't distract at all. Some of them have side seat bolsters that inflate in the direction you are turning to hold you in your seat better. Quite cool and a bit effective. Nothing like a true racing bucket though.

Reactions
In the video, the GS F had pretty considerable lean and roll. But I ultimately wonder what score the GS F got.