January 2017 US Sales

Reactions
Here's some other sales from GCBC for the month, that aren't Lexus or the other luxury makes. CUV/SUV trend is really in effect
jan17_crossovers_zpsunsgehbv.png

jan17_cars_zpsjjrz6uu4.png

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
LOL at those Hyundai Sonata sales. Sonata sales fell off a cliff, wow. The Toyota 4Runner and Honda Pilot outsold the Sonata for the month, that is just incredible.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
^4Runner sales this generation's refresh have been something of an anomaly... crazy.

I love mine :)

Reactions: CIF
Reactions
It does help that the market has been very favorable to trucks...if you go back to 2010-12, when this gen 4Runner was first introduced, it was selling way less. Last year, the 4Runner almost outsold 2010-12 collectively, total reversal.

While I disliked the refreshed T4R when it appeared in 2013, the more it has grown on me that I want one too. I even thought the 10-12 was kind of meh styling-wise compared to the 06-09 4th Gen refresh. On the flipside, I don't think the Prius will have that effect, unless the gas prices really, really change.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/toyota-4runner-sales-figures.html

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
It does help that the market has been very favorable to trucks...if you go back to 2010-12, when this gen 4Runner was first introduced, it was selling way less. Last year, the 4Runner almost outsold 2010-12 collectively, total reversal.

While I disliked the refreshed T4R when it appeared in 2013, the more it has grown on me that I want one too. I even thought the 10-12 was kind of meh styling-wise compared to the 06-09 4th Gen refresh. On the flipside, I don't think the Prius will have that effect, unless the gas prices really, really change.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/toyota-4runner-sales-figures.html

Completely agree... I did not care for the 2010-2013 much, and it took a little time for the 2o14+ to grow on me. At first, I did not like the SR5/Trail's front bumper design, nor the massive chrome bar on the Limited. Over time, the Limited really grew on me and the Redwood interior is simply gorgeous, so that's what sold me.

I highly recommend the 4Runner if you're shopping. Nothing else like it anymore, really.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
^4Runner sales this generation's refresh have been something of an anomaly... crazy.

I love mine :)

Agreed, but I'm still amused and puzzled by the absolute nosedive for Sonata sales. It can't be any inventory issues, as those sales numbers are way too low for it to be inventory issues on a volume midsize sedan. It simply points to a purely demand, or lack of demand issue.

Reactions
Agreed, but I'm still amused and puzzled by the absolute nosedive for Sonata sales. It can't be any inventory issues, as those sales numbers are way too low for it to be inventory issues on a volume midsize sedan. It simply points to a purely demand, or lack of demand issue.
Definitely an anomaly. I helped my cousin purchase an Elantra last month. Lower end Elantras seem to be swift sellers, while the Limited grades packed with luxury items and priced $25-26K MSRP seem are easier to find in most dealer inventories. The same said for Sonatas, though I also think that the vehicle is also a fleet dependent vehicle and they probably didn't fleet very many at all. OTOH, finding a top of the line Sonata Hybrid or PHEV is harder at certain dealers.

Reactions: CIF