IS 200t vs. IS 350

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I have a 2016 IS200T for a couple days, surprisingly quick and more fun to drive than the old Is250 2.5 V6. Refinement and NVH is in same league too right up your redline, very Mercedes-like.

So you feel that the Lexus 2.0T equals the N/A/ 2.5L V6 in refinement? I can understand it having more power......that small V6 was refined in manners, but was like a slug, especially with the added weight/drag of AWD. The only slower V6 I ever sampled (and I don't know if you remember it or not) was the optional, tiny 1.8 liter N/A V6 on the old Mazda MX-3 sport-coupe from the early 1990s...that engine wouldn't pull the hat off one's head LOL.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I have a 2016 IS200T for a couple days, surprisingly quick and more fun to drive than the old Is250 2.5 V6. Refinement and NVH is in same league too right up your redline, very Mercedes-like.

I really like the IS 200t -- would have been my first pick if it came in AWD. But then, I guess the IS 300 AWD I did get wouldn't exist.

:relieved:

So you feel that the Lexus 2.0T equals the N/A/ 2.5L V6 in refinement? I can understand it having more power......that small V6 was refined in manners, but was like a slug, especially with the added weight/drag of AWD. The only slower V6 I ever sampled (and I don't know if you remember it or not) was the optional, tiny 1.8 liter N/A V6 on the old Mazda MX-3 sport-coupe from the early 1990s...that engine wouldn't pull the hat off one's head LOL.

It's a rawer experience, but I didn't notice any disagreeable NVH. Major upgrade over that old 2.5L.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions

Yes for all practical purposes it has 98% of the refinement with more usable power. This 2.0t in the IS application has the refinement expected in a top tier lux car. And for comparison purposes superior refinement to any Ford, GM, Chrysler 4 cylinder engine.

Reactions
hava a question about the rear bumper cover of my 2017 is200t fsport . Is it the same as the 2016 or 2015_