Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Looks real good and can't wait till it's out. The DRL reminds me of the RC. The grill is very similar to the UX and the refreshed RX. Overall I love it...

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
As they say your expectations determine your satisfaction level. Hopefully Lexus and their dealerships understand that their will be some apprehension on purchasing a 20 GX that looks like the pre-20 from the rear hVAC/B pillar back.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
I wonder if the Sport Design and Off-Road Packages can be combined on the Luxury trim level?

To me, the biggest surprise was the lack of a 2-row option to match LX.

The 2 row strategy would only work if the GX underwent a significant model design change (09GX to10GX). Expect the successor to the current GX if there is one, to implement it with a bump in msrp to leave space for the respaced lineup. I assume they would be placing more SUVs along the Crossover/SUV lineup to cater to every 10k jump in price from the UX upwards all the way up to the 100k+ market of the LX

Last edited:

suxeL

Follower
Reactions

The good: The Big Grill is tasteful, the T-Beam Lights are standard, new Red and Black seating (black headliner), new wood trim for Premium and above
The bad: About everything else has not changed.

Probably one of the most lackluster launch reviews I have read from MT.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
19-07-21-lexus-gx-photo-gallery-2020.jpg

The recently announced 2020 Lexus GX 460 has received a minor update with a new grille, optional Roija Red leather, and Lexus Safety System+ as standard — here’s our first good look at the changes with real photos.

Exterior

19-07-21-gallery-lexus-gx-location-1-400x200.jpg

19-07-21-gallery-lexus-gx-location-2-400x200.jpg

19-07-21-gallery-lexus-gx-location-5-400x200.jpg

19-07-21-gallery-lexus-gx-location-6-400x200.jpg

19-07-21-gallery-lexus-gx-location-7-400x200.jpg

Continue reading...

D

DDas

Correct me of im wrong, but the taillights have not changed?
Sort of...The original 2nd generation GX had solid red taillights (pre-facelifts and spindle grille). When it was first updated with the spindle grille, it received the taillights like the ones shown in the photo album (the white ones). Lexus then offered the 2017 GX with a sport package as an option in the US and as a standard in Canada bringing back the original solid red taillights. Now, with this (technically 4th look for this generation GX) the white taillights are back. It's odd lol

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Apple Carplay & Android Auto not big deal honestly in comparison to the Ancient Engine/wheel base

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Sort of...The original 2nd generation GX had solid red taillights (pre-facelifts and spindle grille). When it was first updated with the spindle grille, it received the taillights like the ones shown in the photo album (the white ones). Lexus then offered the 2017 GX with a sport package as an option in the US and as a standard in Canada bringing back the original solid red taillights. Now, with this (technically 4th look for this generation GX) the white taillights are back. It's odd lol

I think the majority of GX owners and future owners could not tell the difference visually between the 19 and 20. The Sports Design Pack is a limited offering on dealer lots.

Image result for 2019 lexus gx
2020-lexus-gx-460-first-drive.jpg

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Apple Carplay & Android Auto not big deal honestly in comparison to the Ancient Engine/wheel base

Opposite for me. The GX powertrain, while not class torching, is fine and probably the better tested systems available on the Lexus spectrum. The interior and its appointments are where I assume most folks spend their time and creature comforts like AA and AC would have been much appreciated.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Opposite for me. The GX powertrain, while not class torching, is fine and probably the better tested systems available on the Lexus spectrum. The interior and its appointments are where I assume most folks spend their time and creature comforts like AA and AC would have been much appreciated.

Weird that the GX got a cosmetic update but not so much of a tech upgrade, but the 4Runner got a tech upgrade and no cosmetic changes.

Reactions
These are the information I have on GX so far.
Same operating system (no CarPlay or android auto)
Same options except the LSS+ (not sure of first gen or 2.0)
Triple beams standard
Ecru interior N/A - interior col9r options : black, rioja red or Sepia
Exterior colors stay the same
Last but not least, there will be no new model GX after this, only a replacement model (most likely next gen RX-L)

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
These are the information I have on GX so far.
Same operating system (no CarPlay or android auto)
Same options except the LSS+ (not sure of first gen or 2.0)
Triple beams standard
Ecru interior N/A - interior col9r options : black, rioja red or Sepia
Exterior colors stay the same
Last but not least, there will be no new model GX after this, only a replacement model (most likely next gen RX-L)

Thats interesting, since the rumors suggested that final design of the next gen was up in the air.

"Same operating system (no CarPlay or android auto)" Gen 8 system currently available
"Same options except the LSS+ (not sure of first gen or 2.0)" rebranded current Luxury Driver Assistance Package. This predate LSS v1 and 2.
"Triple beams standard" Current GX comes with LEDs except the highs.
"Ecru interior N/A - interior color options : black, rioja red or Sepia" Thats interesting they tossed the most brightest color option.
"Exterior colors stay the same" Good Stuff

Any information regarding pricing and availability?

Reactions
Thats interesting, since the rumors suggested that final design of the next gen was up in the air.

"Same operating system (no CarPlay or android auto)" Gen 8 system currently available
"Same options except the LSS+ (not sure of first gen or 2.0)" rebranded current Luxury Driver Assistance Package. This predate LSS v1 and 2.
"Triple beams standard" Current GX comes with LEDs except the highs.
"Ecru interior N/A - interior color options : black, rioja red or Sepia" Thats interesting they tossed the most brightest color option.
"Exterior colors stay the same" Good Stuff

Any information regarding pricing and availability?
On pricing, noting yet, I don’t think it would change more than $1000 due to the new LSS+

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
For a moment I thought the presenter was a robot/computerized voiceover of Lexus Press Videos. Turns out there was an actual person.

Journalist thoughts "light refresh with new grille and Tbeams" followed by generic terms to describe stuff.

Not to be critical, but this refresh is shaping out to be lackluster by the reviews.