ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Yeah if you use a telephoto lens the proportions look right. That's why promotion shots are all shot with telephoto lenses. The IS500 overhang is not long when you see it in person.

Reactions
Molten Pearl definitely does look good!
2ZKXxWz.jpg

cqsBtra.jpg

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions
I was thinking if the RC F last year is 2023, will there be a possibility of a IS-F for a final send off for the IS500?

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Everyday I am parked next to an IS-F. And every time I can't help but notice its panel gaps are like half the width of my car.

As much as I love my 440Xi 6MT, if the owner offered a swap I would do it in a heartbeat. But there's zero chance they will do that 🤣

I do hope I will eventually meet them in person and ask for a ride.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The 3 Series had the shortest front overhang in the segment. Now it is no better and probably of of the worst (with 8 Series and Z4). While one cannot dismiss the M3's performance, the front design/shape/proportions are a 0/10.

attachment.php

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
They just had to use the 4 series style front end on the M3, yes I know it's about cost cutting, shortening development times and ease of manufacturing, but come on, the M3 isn't a $20k economy car, it shouldn't have something like this to compromise its design.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
The M3 has historically done that though, the F80 and E90 M3s both had the distinct coupe front ends. Could be for cost cutting reasons or maybe they thought the design is more aggressive that way?