Introducing Myself

Reactions
I'm surprised I have not run across this site before, I'm glad I did though. For starters I am a huge Toyota and Lexus customer and previous Toyota employee. I started off as a porter at a Toyota dealer at the age of 18. I was very impressed at how well Toyota designed, engineered and manufactured cars and trucks. It was then that I decided this is a company I wanted to begin planning my future with.
I worked my way up as a Lead Technician and then followed up being an Assistant Service Manager. The dealer I worked at, Spreen Toyota in Chamblee, GA was bought by the Kelley group. Hence it was changed to Kelley Toyota. Mr. Kelley decided to get out of the market and closed the dealer. From there I went to work at Pope Toyota in Roswell, GA, then it was bought out and changed to Roswell Toyota. The style of the new owners and managers were not very pleasing to work with. My dream job was to get a position with Toyota or Lexus Motor corporation. I will always regret for not pursuing that dream. I guess it's never too late.
I have since been self employed with my own repair center in the Atlanta area. I work on a tremendous amount of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. The knowledge, experience and talents that I learned from working at Toyota was beyond my wildest dreams.
I have owned way too many Toyota vehicles over the years. My first Toyota vehicle was a 1979 Toyota Supra. I absolutely loved that car. It wasn't the fastest, best handling car in that time but the overall car was so nice to me.
Currently my family have the following;
2001 Lexus Rx300 AWD Mineral Green
The current mileage is 387K miles. It does not burn or leak a drop of oil. The only item of any importance that needed replaced was the transmission. It still has the original starter and alternator! I have not even had to replace one exterior bulb yet. Everything from the power windows to the navigation system all work perfectly.

2006 Lexus LS430 Midnight Pearl
The current mileage is 126K miles. The only issue I have had is the telescoping wheel stopped working. I fixed it for $ 20.00 after replacing a rubber bushing. This car is an absolute engineering marvel. The attention to the details in the engineering of this car is simply amazing. I honestly feel this will go down as one of the best vehicles Lexus has ever produced with the LS400 a close 2nd.

2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8 4WD Natural White
The current mileage is 107K miles. I drive this vehicle myself. It is my favorite vehicle that Toyota has ever produced. I have owned a 1987, 1994 and a 2004 4runner. I loved them all but this 2008 is the best one yet. It is so rock solid in how it is built. Like the LS 430 with Lexus, I feel the 4th Generation 4Runner will go down as the best vehicle Toyota has produced. The 5th generation models are nice but they are in no way as durable, comfortable and dependable as the 4th Gen. It has not given me any issues whatsoever.

I would get in any one of my vehicles and drive across the country at a moments notice without blinking an eye.

Thank you for allowing me to share my passion and history with you. I look forward to gaining more passion and knowledge from this group.

RAL

Reactions
Welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing your story, passion, and knowledge.

I too owned a 1994 4Runner and I've been a Toyota/Lexus brand loyalist since.

Hope you enjoy the forums!

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Welcome Toyo to L.E. Great to hear of your wealth of knowledge and experience regarding Toyota/Lexus products, looking forward to your postings.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Welcome Toyo, I travel to ATL often (roots there) and hope to meet ya! We have an amazing group of posters here, its more like a family feeling and everyone is a big Lexus/Toyota enthusaist!!!