Info on 2022 Lexus LX

supra93

Expert
Reactions
I saw this posted on the MKV forum via Supraforums. Just thought I would share.

BTW, I saw a video today that indicates the 2022 (IIRC) Lexus LX 570 and Toyota Land Cruiser will have the 3.5L TT V6, along with hybrid power. Mind you, without hybridization, the motor already makes 415 hp and 442 lb-ft in the LS 500. The next Tundra is also suppose to get a version of this set-up. The speaker in the video conservatively estimated 500 hp and 500 lb-ft, with the Land Cruiser/LX combo and the Tundra all slated to be significantly lighter than their current iterations (the Tundra is reported to get mid-30 MPG along with more power and lighter weight).

I mention all this because of Boost Wang's earlier post about this motor in a modified LC 500 chassis. Now, this motor in the LS 500 is next level in every respect, so I find it amazing Toyota did not use the MKV Supra as another company vehicle to amortize the cost of this motor across the upper end of its model ranges. This is what it did with the 2JZ-GTE in the Supra, Aristo and the Chaser, I believe. Rumors say there will be an all-Toyota A100 Supra (there's already a thread on this) so maybe there's still hope though I, personally, don't have any.

Ken.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Sorry I didn't know most of this was already covered on the Tundra thread.