Hyundai Motor Group no No. 3 automaker in sales volume | More fires

Reactions
Looks like Genesis will backpedal on their EV mandate and shoot for Hybrid instead
Genesis isn't the only automaker that has rethought its stance on hybrids as EV demand—and resale values—fall. Just weeks ago, General Motors backtracked on its all-EVs-all-day electrification strategy and is bringing back plug-in hybrids. Toyota, meanwhile—as we pointed out last year—has always been pro-hybrid and notably slower in its EV adoption, and judging by current trends, rightfully so.

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions

$239 a month with $239 down…
Lets just say there is more dollars left on the table...

Its lookin bleak for ev sales. unless you are Tesla. A couple of Lexus RZ deals, which isnt the litmus test for the ev market have Luxury trim 450s going for about the same as a NX250.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Lets just say there is more dollars left on the table...

Its lookin bleak for ev sales. unless you are Tesla. A couple of Lexus RZ deals, which isnt the litmus test for the ev market have Luxury trim 450s going for about the same as a NX250.

The entire EV market has tanked. Rz and the toyota and subie twins don’t move. Mach-e. Fisker going bankrupt. Etc etc

in other news this looks very good to me
IMG_1363.jpeg

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
That G80 Magma is amazing, but no word on actual performance upgrades?

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
Unfortunately the G80 Magma is middle east only :(

Do these have a better business case there? Automakers cant seem to get rid of them here. Hyundai and Kia products are pretty cutting edge in terms of the legacy ev effort but that doesnt seem to mean anything.

mikeavelli

Reactions
It’s a weird launch tbh. The name is silly.. The lineup is odd
G60 which I assume is just the same stuff in the Ioniq5 N
No G70 which probably means that’s dead
No GV70 is weird
G80 makes sense but seems ME only
GV80 coupe i guess makes sense
The playstation only vehicle for whatever reason.

Not much buzz online. No specs. Lots of orange. But hey I’ll take it, more performance is always good.

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
TBH, any dealer markup is horrific...we're all expecting many Toyota dealers to do the Land Cruiser wrong as well.
fair. But i assume hyundai dealers are probably risk adverse at this point with evs, so why give the buying public another reason not to buy your slowest sellers?

Reactions
fair. But i assume hyundai dealers are probably risk adverse at this point with evs, so why give the buying public another reason not to buy your slowest sellers?
They've got some really discounted leases now on their EVs, but on the N, there's not going to be any discounts...yet.

Last edited: