Greetings from Idaho...

Reactions
...where winter started this past week.

Wife and I have owned a 2001 LX since 2009. The LX was our first excursion into Lexus-Land...the truck has had zero unscheduled maintenance since purchase. I take care of scheduled maintenance. The LX gets almost as much off-road driving as on-road.

Last spring I started looking for a 2nd series 100 LX and after 6 months of looking found a 1-owner 200 series in Spokane, WA. Did a bit of price negotiation with the dealer, flew up the next day and drover her home. I'm hoping the fact that she's a Land Cruiser v. an LX doesn't ostracize me from this site. :)

I've been on CL for ~ a year. Conversations in the LX section now involve a guy who feels the wood trim used on the steering wheel is inadequately described by Toyota and is thinking of a class-action lawsuit to remedy the issue. Somebody else is complaining that since he sticks his hand through the steering wheel to start the truck, he might possibly get hurt as the steering wheel moves down upon startup.:cold_sweat:

One question...If I were to answer someone's question here by linking to a post in the largest on-line Toyota Lexus and Land Cruiser forum, would I be shunned or removed from LE?

Thanks

Steve ("Hank" refers to an Australian Cattle Dog / Co-Pilot) :)

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
Welcome! I think you'll find TLE to be a very open-minded forum, it's by far the most civil that I am a part of. 100series LX/Landcruisers are solid SUVs, glad to see you take advantage of their off-road capabilities too

mikeavelli

Reactions
...where winter started this past week.

Wife and I have owned a 2001 LX since 2009. The LX was our first excursion into Lexus-Land...the truck has had zero unscheduled maintenance since purchase. I take care of scheduled maintenance. The LX gets almost as much off-road driving as on-road.

Last spring I started looking for a 2nd series 100 LX and after 6 months of looking found a 1-owner 200 series in Spokane, WA. Did a bit of price negotiation with the dealer, flew up the next day and drover her home. I'm hoping the fact that she's a Land Cruiser v. an LX doesn't ostracize me from this site. :)

I've been on CL for ~ a year. Conversations in the LX section now involve a guy who feels the wood trim used on the steering wheel is inadequately described by Toyota and is thinking of a class-action lawsuit to remedy the issue. Somebody else is complaining that since he sticks his hand through the steering wheel to start the truck, he might possibly get hurt as the steering wheel moves down upon startup.:cold_sweat:

One question...If I were to answer someone's question here by linking to a post in the largest on-line Toyota Lexus and Land Cruiser forum, would I be shunned or removed from LE?

Thanks

Steve ("Hank" refers to an Australian Cattle Dog / Co-Pilot) :)

Welcome Steve!! We don't mind helpful links to the LC forum..... Hope to see you posting quite a bit!

Mike

Reactions
Welcome! I think you'll find TLE to be a very open-minded forum, it's by far the most civil that I am a part of. 100series LX/Landcruisers are solid SUVs, glad to see you take advantage of their off-road capabilities too
TLE is definitely very civil, and that's coming from someone who's been on ar15.com for > 10 years. :laughing:

Off-road capabilities help us explore this state. Just as important, they tend to keep your tail in one piece during "winter storm warnings", like they one we're having now until around midnight. :eek: Both the LX and the LC are bulletproof in snow, the trick is getting from very rural normally unplowed roads to plowed thoroughfares. We've been here ~ 15 years, and only once did neighbor and I need to chain-up 4wd tractors to clear our driveways.