Greetings from a SoCal Lexus racer.

Reactions
Just a quick note to say hello. My first experience with Lexus came about building an IS 300 SportCross as a project car for the LA Auto Show - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1113690161230.2019240.1196206835&type=1&l=d73a576d6b.

I've also been fortunate enough to do some racing behind the wheel of an IS 300 Touring Car. In 2010, a racer by the name of Tim Nickel invited me to co-drive his car in a NASA endurance race at Buttonwillow Raceway. Not too long thereafter, Tim passed away, but his friend Mark McManus took over the team. Mark and I co-drove with a few other drivers in that year's NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill in memory of Tim. It was a great experience.

Since that time, I've driven the car in the US Touring Car Championship at Laguna Seca and again at Buttonwillow for another enduro just over a week ago. Here's a link to some in-car video:

The Nickel Motorsports team will be competing all season in NASA's Western Endurance Racing Championship and then again at the 25 Hours of Thunderhill in December. Our next race is at Buttonwillow in June.

Scott

Attachments

• BW__9327-Apr1815-Photo_by_Berklee-1_2.jpg
    BW__9327-Apr1815-Photo_by_Berklee-1_2.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 3

RAL

Reactions
On behalf of everyone in this community, I'm glad to welcome you Scott!

Thank you for sharing some of your poignant story, the picture, and the video giving us a chance to be "in the driver's seat".

Much success to you! And, hope you enjoy the forums!

Last edited: