Gen 4: 2019 RX 350 F Sport AWD PCS issue

Reactions

2019 RX 350 Sport awd: On screen reads: "Pre-Collision System not available". Yellow warning symbol (see attached)
shows car icon sitting on top of "off", with collision star to right. However: When I select setting options for PCS: PCS= On. Sensitivity indicates medium (2 half circles). When I pull forward into garage, the auto brake does activate appropriately as I approach the rear wall of garage.
I have read through all sections of oem manual. I do own a Lexus compatible Carista if it is a dealer only setting. Thanks to EVERYONE!

Attachments

• PCS Warning.jpg
    PCS Warning.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 2
Reactions
Thanks for reply Ian. Duh...gosh it would be smart to check the Carista, wouldn't it. Lemme resuscribe to it and run it. Get back at you either way. Thanks.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
The Pre-Collision System uses the obvious radar, behind the front grille, but also a camera, that sits above the rear-view mirror. If either is blocked or out of alignment, the PCS will be affected.

Have you taken a hit (or tap) to the front bumper/grille? That could throw the radar out of alignment.

Is the front windshield cracked? Was it recently replaced (but camera not tested after the replacement)? Either could knock the camera out of alignment.

Or is the front windshield just dirty? Clean the windshield (with the wipers may be enough). I have found this is enough to clear the warning and I now make it a habit to keep my windshield clean.

Reactions
Greetings to Ian and Sulu. Sooo...no changes...I cleaned all my sensors, front sensors and internal, and also let the Carista sense the Lexus. No errors were reported by the device. I did call my Lexus service advisor, he basically gave me 3 items,,, the 2 you had already suggested, as well as a full battery d/c and after which, ground out the positive cable as well, obviously while disconnected. So got a diagnostic appointment for Wednesday am. Will advise with the solution. Love my RX 350 boat with a brain. Thanks guys!

Reactions
Does the Carista show any fault codes?

Greetings to Ian and Sulu. Sooo...no changes...I cleaned all my sensors, front sensors and internal, and also let the Carista sense the Lexus. No errors were reported by the device. I did call my Lexus service advisor, he basically gave me 3 items,,, the 2 you had already suggested, as well as a full battery d/c and after which, ground out the positive cable as well, obviously while disconnected. So got a diagnostic appointment for Wednesday am. Will advise with the solution. Love my RX 350 boat with a brain. Thanks guys!

Report Edit Delete

Reactions
Finally got it into dealer. Found that the huge plastic black front grille had been hit. How? When? Where? No matter. Lexus tech found that there was a crack at a lower point that went horizontal, snapping the grille. Whatever hit it, hit it hard. Located on the passenger side behind that plastic grille is a mounting bracket for the sensors.. That hairline snapped, Enough that the sensor was not calibrated. The grille had snapped back into place, making the break hardly noticeable. Also...after driving back from dealer service, I tried using the cruise control. Turns out that wasn't working either. The cruise also has sensors that are part of the radar system. Hopefully, once parts arrive at dealer, all will be back to normal. I never would have found this. Sometimes the dealer guys are worth it.

Reactions
Does the Carista show any fault codes?
Finally got it into dealer. Found that the huge plastic black front grille had been hit. How? When? Where? No matter. Lexus tech found that there was a crack at a lower point that went horizontal, snapping the grille. Whatever hit it, hit it hard. Located on the passenger side behind that plastic grille is a mounting bracket for the sensors.. That hairline snapped, Enough that the sensor was not calibrated. The grille had snapped back into place, making the break hardly noticeable. Also...after driving back from dealer service, I tried using the cruise control. Turns out that wasn't working either. The cruise also has sensors that are part of the radar system. Hopefully, once parts arrive at dealer, all will be back to normal. I never would have found this. Sometimes the dealer guys are worth it.