First impressions of the Lexus UX 300e

Reactions
Hey everyone,
Recently picked up the Lexus UX 300e, first impressions are good. I like how smooth the car is & I think the electrification of the UX has improved the drive overall.
The boot space is decent, rear legroom is a tad disappointing (it feels tighter than the hybrid)
Ps if anyone wishes to see the electric UX here is a video I made on it:

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Lexus should bring the UX 300e (especially since it's range has increase by 40%) to the United States as well as the IS 300h and RC 300h but it seems Americans aren't demanding electric/hybrid electric vehicles. The CT 200h, HS 250h, GS 300h (sold outside the U.S.) and GS 450h was cancelled due to low demand.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Lexus should bring the UX 300e (especially since it's range has increase by 40%) to the United States as well as the IS 300h and RC 300h but it seems Americans aren't demanding electric/hybrid electric vehicles. The CT 200h, HS 250h, GS 300h (sold outside the U.S.) and GS 450h was cancelled due to low demand.
I would like to see the UX 300e here in North America (specifically Canada) also but I believe it would not sell.

I agree that there is little demand for battery electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles here; the UX is also too small for North Americans also. The CT 200h and HS 250h were too small for North American tastes (and they were cars also, rather than the more-in-demand crossover); the GS Hybrids were mid-size cars, for which there is almost no demand (other than for Camry, Accord and ES).

Perhaps a next-generation UX EV based on a longer Corolla (like the Corolla Cross) may sell in North America.

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
If this was available here in Canada I would legit consider it. I trust Lexus to make a BEV correctly. Well it would have to be CCS and not Chademo.

Last edited:

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I agree that there is little demand for battery electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles here; the UX is also too small for North Americans also. The CT 200h and HS 250h were too small for North American tastes (and they were cars also, rather than the more-in-demand crossover); the GS Hybrids were mid-size cars, for which there is almost no demand (other than for Camry, Accord and ES).

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
The CT 200h and HS 250h were too small for North American tastes (and they were cars also, rather than the more-in-demand crossover); the GS Hybrids were mid-size cars, for which there is almost no demand (other than for Camry, Accord and ES).

I agree the CT is on the small side for North American tastes however Lexus should have improved upon a 2CT by making it a tad larger, increase power and cupholders in the rear seats. The CT sold well for the model years (MY) 2011 - 2017 in the U.S. for a total of 93,052 units and I believe sold over 200K units worldwide for a total of over 300K units. The CT still sells currently in Japan and maybe some European countries. https://lexus.jp/models/ct/

The HS has a decent size cabin, much larger than the CT's cabin. The front and rear end of the HS does appear squished (for a lack of a better term). The HS's engine 2AZ-FXE is a decent engine, a version of this engine has been in the older RAV4's, the Camry hybrids and many other Toyota models. As far as sales, the HS didn't do as well as the CT with only 20,880 units for MY 2010 - 2012.

Since the GS was completely cancelled there was no way to continue the GS hybrids as you mentioned people would rather choose the ES or Lexus CUV's/SUV's. Maybe Lexus can bring back the GS using the Toyota Crown's sedan platform (TNGA-L) which basically is...

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I saw UX everywhere when it came out. With the battery and efficiency improvements its genuinely one people would consider if they want a reliable EV.