Elon Musk may have gone too far this time

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Tesla CEO and founder Elon Musk has been at the center of a number of controversies lately with his company, but this one just might do it for him. It all started with an argument over whether a Tesla-designed mini-sub could competently assist in the Thai cave-rescue. Musk may (?) have gone too far when he (apparently) referred to one of the cave-rescuers as a pedophile. Those rescuers risked their own life and health trying to free those trapped boys in the cave-flood. If this is a true story (and it appears to be), might be time for him to step down....or, at the very least, to issue a strong apology.

Your thoughts?

http://abc7news.com/society/elon-musk-calls-thai-cave-diver-pedo-on-social-media/3769224/

Last edited:
Reactions
Despite knowing that Elon Musk can get a little dense at times, I was totally not aware that this guy was at the "center of a number of controversies", namely this one? Care to indulge me into the other things he may have done? Quite surprising behavior from a CEO I'll say.

Reactions
I would have thought that Elon realized that his capsule simply could not compress/flatten & flex to traverse through the tight & tortuos spaces in the cave.
So I'm not sure why he proposed his rigid bulky rocket capsule.

Reactions
Wow this is surprising to me.. I didn't know about all of the controversy. I think public sentiment on him is still generally good so not sure this will be the end.