krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2022-02-14-lexus-is-2025.jpg

Japanese magazine Best Car is reporting that the fourth-generation Lexus IS sedan will debut in 2025 with a battery-electric powertrain and aimed squarely at the Tesla Model 3.
Lexus had originally scheduled the next-gen IS this year, but pushed the release forward to 2025 in order to accommodate the brand’s decision to go full-electric-only. Details are speculative, but Best Car claims the new IS will be available with a choice of RWD & AWD and “different motor output and cruising range”, opening the door for a possible return of the IS F (albeit in EV form).

Continue reading...

Levi

Expert
Reactions
In one thread we wanted Lexus to at least have an electric "sports" sedan. Wish granted.

thtupid

Fan
Reactions
Absolutely awesome! But I still hope that it comes with the 2.4L turbo 4 RWD with around 220kw as an option but if not then I'm still up to change to BEV so long the batteries are solid state.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
If it looks like that, I think I can convince my wife to settle for that instead of a crossover BEV. Front end looks like the Lexus Sports Car BEV, which is a nice departure from Lexus front designs lately which is ugh for me.

Last edited:

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
it looks good, 3 years is very long time though. But then again, it will be essentially gen 2 of their EV tech, which is all for the better.
Maybe that is why it is 2025?

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
it looks good, 3 years is very long time though. But then again, it will be essentially gen 2 of their EV tech, which is all for the better.
Maybe that is why it is 2025?
I do have hopes they do giant leapfrogs in EV tech rather then their usual baby steps.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
It's said that by 2025 they will have solid state, but will be used for hybrids as 1st priority. And around that time, they will have more electric platforms. For the IS, it could debut with the e-tnga platform with regular batteries or with an all new platform with solid state. It's basically a coin flip whether the IS will get the new ev tech or not. It all depends when the 6LS debuts, if earlier it can share an all new platform with the LS and solid state, if 6LS comes later, it'll have to use older tech. That said, I need a plug-in IS variant of the IS at least since we aint getting no V35, but obviously that's not happening either.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Solid state will likely come first in a very high priced hybrid application COUGH COUGH

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
The way I understand it, e-TNGA is the all-new platform, designed especially for BEVs; it can handle FWD. RWD or AWD, and stretched or shrunk to fit compact vehicles, like the IS EV or bZ2, bZ3; mid-size vehicles, like the RZ or bZ4X; or large vehicles, like the LS EV.