Discussion: Top Five Legendary Lexus Paint Colors

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I miss Breakwater Blue Metallic
69690068.jpg

Yes, that was popular on LX models, and, from what I remember, on some ES models as swell.

Rockville

Fan
Reactions
Words cannot describe my love for Ultrasonic Blue Mica [2.0]. What a color! There are so many brands that try to have a unique blue like Lexus, and they do look good, yes, but when you see the Lexus blue in person, you know its unique. Something about it is truly spectacular. My next Lexus (IS FSport or RCF) will definitely be Ultrasonic Blue Mica.

My little CT creates a lot of looks in Ultrasonic Blue. Very deep and rich. Atomic Silver is good at changing its hue depending on the light angle. This helps accentuate the muscle lines in the body panels. There is a simplicity to Redline that is a visceral color that excites the senses and quickens the pulse. Molten Pearl is a show stopper that sparkles when you get closer. Ultra White is clean and always reminds me of the LFA and that's a good thing.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Time to weigh in with my top-five favorite Lexus colors:
  • Ultrasonic Blue
  • Atomic Silver
  • Ultra White
  • Thundercloud Metallic
  • Moonlight Pearl
Absolutely love the old LS 430s in Moonlight Pearl, and Thundercloud Metallic was my experience with an ultra-rare color.

P.S. I wrote Ultra three times in this post.

Starlight Black (or Obsidian as a regular non-LFA black)

Honestly, I loved Starlight Black until I saw a six-month old GS in the color -- with a little wear, it makes the car look perpetually dusty. Disappointing.

My real-world favorite is 077, otherwise known as Starfire Pearl. Common? Yes. But even more fantastic. There is not a nicer pearl white on any car period. When you get to admire just how nice this shade of white is, how good it is at hiding dirt, how it erases scuffs, how much nicer and deeper it looks in artificial light, all the notions of it being a bland color - like scuffs - disappear.

This is why I love my Ultra White CT -- real world, I can't picture a better color EXCEPT maybe Atomic Silver.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Honestly I love Nebula Grey Pearl. I think it works really well with the dark rims of IS and GS. Atomic silver is a beautiful color and I love seeing it everyday now in my garage and in the sun!

As someone said earlier any black looks great. The new Ultrasonic blue is a beatific beast.

Lastly any color on an LFA is number 1 on list.

Reactions
Yes, that was popular on LX models, and, from what I remember, on some ES models as swell.
Actually, BWB was only on RX and IS models...the LS offered Blue Vapor Metallic, which was also applied on 2001 and 02 RXs before the Gen 2 RX. I think ES had a different blue that more of a sky blue, which I wasn't really fond about.
2002_lexus_rx_300_base_blue_vapor_metallic_in_melbourne_florida_1060012453319638879.jpg

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Actually, BWB was only on RX and IS models...the LS offered Blue Vapor Metallic, which was also applied on 2001 and 02 RXs before the Gen 2 RX. I think ES had a different blue that more of a sky blue, which I wasn't really fond about.
2002_lexus_rx_300_base_blue_vapor_metallic_in_melbourne_florida_1060012453319638879.jpg

Yes, I recall it on the IS models now. That's why I said earlier i wasn't sure about the ES availability.

Reactions: Den

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Great thread and great color choices everyone! There's a couple I had forgotten about, thanks everyone!

Mikeavelli, yeah that Royal Sapphire Pearl, on the 1SC and the MK4 Supra, just looks exquisite. Then again, the 1SC and MK4 Supra look exquisite in almost all colors :D.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
This thread has me turned on :D.... very Lexus geeky...

Royal Sapphire Pearl...I think between 40-60 made in 1997...I believe it was a color on the Supra too

IMG_7520.jpg

WOW, forgot about this color, aka USB v0.9 ! :D

I remember the SportDesign IS, with Thundercloud Metallic
left_rear_dusksd.jpg

As per Krew's and your post , forgot about this color too! This one looks great!!

IMG_0158.jpg~original

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
Most of mine have been mentioned in the thread already.

• Thundercloud Metallic - I might be a bit biased here
  • Auburn Sky Pearl - really wish they had continued with this color past the first year. Because it was only available in 2001, this color was never available with the manual transmission
  • Ultrasonic Blue - this is Lexus F performance
  • Atomic Silver - really like the depth of this color
  • Tiger Eye Mica - on the SC430 Pebble Beach Edition. Always thought this was a unique color offering that really caught my attention when this car was announced
image.jpeg

Special mention: Alabaster Metallic from the 2004 IS Sportdesign
image.jpeg

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
One color that has yet to be mentioned -- Daybreak Yellow on the CT:

krew-lexus-ct-200h-daybreak-yellow-1.jpg

Not a color I would choose myself, but certainly a standout -- here's what I wrote way back in 2010:

Of all the Lexus CT 200h exterior color options, Daybreak Yellow was the last color I expected to like, but seeing it in person changed my mind, at least to a degree — depending on the sun or shade, it could shift from gold to garish in the blink of an eye, and it was that drastic range in tone that really warmed me up.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
One color that has yet to be mentioned -- Daybreak Yellow on the CT:

View attachment 1748

Not a color I would choose myself, but certainly a standout -- here's what I wrote way back in 2010:

We also saw that color on some Civic and Ford Focus models.....kind of a Mustard Yellow. The mustard component reminds me somewhat of the old Grey Poupon commercials with the Rolls-Royce owners in the back seats LOL.

Last edited:

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
View attachment 1706 I'll respond more in depth soon but I always liked atomic silver and fell in love this weekend with it.

IMO the best silver Lexus has ever done.

Well, confession time. We just bought a new CT F Sport and my wife wanted Atomic Silver instead of our usual black and I just love it!