Consumer Reports: Car Brands Ranked by Owner Satisfaction

Reactions
Guess it depends on who they are dealing with. Yes, I agree that stand-alone dealerships would be nice, but even having them combined with Hyundai like this is not necessarily a bad idea.....same with Ford/Lincoln. Potential buyers, for example, might go look at a Genesis product, decide they can't afford one or don't want to spend that much, and then have a bunch of lower-cost Hyundais to look at and compare in the same dealership. Who knows?....they might home in a Hyundai instead of a dealership....but, either way, it's a sale for the dealership.

Also, when I myself was new-car shopping last spring, I seriously considered a Genesis G80 AWD.......liked its solid build, good materials, and general interior design. I couldn't care less that it was sold out of a Hyundai shop....I was buying a car, not a building. ;)
With the way the luxury market here in the States is, it is expected that the experience needs to be different than the regular old bloke buying a pickup truck. We all know that you are very objective in buying cars, but consider that most luxury car buyers aren't that way, so a little pampering and what not goes a far way to make that sale. Just like why Lexus had to have their own showrooms.