Cars and the Corona....

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
The issue at hand now seems as though, how many people actually got into a truck or any vehicle at the zero rate... From what I gather on car forums and dealer posts in general is that while that not many are 0% qualified, and as time moves on, the number of quality buyers are decreasing.

Inventory of cars on vehicles that have closed down production pipelines are also decreasing.

Other regions of the globe, that have reopened, seem to be progressing slowly but steadily.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
In a country of trucks (US), the Landcruiser is not successful. Such an irony.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
In a country of trucks (US), the Landcruiser is not successful. Such an irony.

$85 grand and no pickup bed=no buy.

F450 Platinum or Limited territory with a gooseneck, massaged heated and cooled seats, pano roof, a million cameras, Diesel motor with 1k torque, safety suites...Idk hard to say

Levi

Expert
Reactions
$85 grand and no pickup bed=no buy.

F450 Platinum or Limited territory with a gooseneck, massaged heated and cooled seats, pano roof, a million cameras, Diesel motor with 1k torque, safety suites...Idk hard to say

Sure. I personally am not interested in such a product, I rather have a stripped work truck and van for less, but it still remains a truck, CUVs on the other hand...

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
It will certainly be interesting to see if Toyota cancels the Land Cruiser. It is a niche model.

LC is a success globally as they are available in multiple trim levels. In the states however it comes fully optioned near $85k or otherwords a Lexus LX 2 row.

The LC thus prices itself out of the market thanks to the LX, and is also outdone inside with larger and more value per money competitors such as the Expedition, Armada, Tahoe, etc etc.

Rumors have it exiting the market at its current pricing and rentering as something reimagined and more affordable

Back to the topic though, I see deferred payment programs have now ended.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions

I guess maybe an indicator things are a changing?

The deal is this: All 2020 Tacomas save for the TRD Pro trim level are eligible for up to $1,750 in customer cash, as well as zero-percent financing for 36, 48, or 60 months for qualifying buyers (read: If you have a baller credit score). Toyota also is offering loans of up to 72 months with a still-low 1.9 percent APRā€”certain regions are enjoying even more cash on the hood that's tied to some financing options. Those who'd rather lease can look forward to spending $199-$299 per month for 36 months, with $999-$1,999 due at signing for certain mid-grade trims.

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions

I guess the counterpoint, Subaru would rather store their new units, then sell them below current rates.

Just protecting their brand. I once tried to get a Subaru, no discounts whatsoever. No deal

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

I guess the counterpoint, Subaru would rather store their new units, then sell them below current rates.

Don't underestimate the lengths companies will go for certain accounting treatments or to protect ratios.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
I guess a sit rep from varying places in the world right now:

Toyota Expects 80 Percent Drop In Profits

Honda And Mazda Drop, Too

Russian car sales declined the most on record in April

Chinaā€™s New Energy Vehicle Sales Down 43 Percent

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
I was thinking about the supply and demand of Lexus and I see the following trends:

JP-Production in Japan
CA-Production in Canada
US-Production in United States

Buyers market due to constant supply
IS-JP
GS-JP and EOL
LS-JP
LX-JP
NX-JP
GX-JP
RC-JP
RX-L-JP

Trickier situation
RX-CA
RX-JP (although this factory may have the ability i doubt there going to retool for a short term switch).
ES-US

The 2 most popular Lexus vehicles are going to be interesting deal wise since supply has halted

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
I was thinking about the supply and demand of Lexus and I see the following trends:

JP-Production in Japan
CA-Production in Canada
US-Production in United States

Buyers market due to constant supply
IS-JP
GS-JP and EOL
LS-JP
LX-JP
NX-JP
GX-JP
RC-JP
RX-L-JP

Trickier situation
RX-CA
RX-JP (although this factory may have the ability i doubt there going to retool for a short term switch).
ES-US

The 2 most popular Lexus vehicles are going to be interesting deal wise since supply has halted

Eventually, there will NOT be a buyers market. Toyota is reducing its production. Once production meets demand, prices start to align. Another thing that people do not realize when there is a time of uncertainty, the consumer will gravitate towards Toyota/Honda....so you will see Toyota actually pick up market share....this has happened in the past recession.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Eventually, there will NOT be a buyers market. Toyota is reducing its production. Once production meets demand, prices start to align. Another thing that people do not realize when there is a time of uncertainty, the consumer will gravitate towards Toyota/Honda....so you will see Toyota actually pick up market share....this has happened in the past recession.

Thats great for Toyota, bad for a Luxury brand like Lexus if everyone goes Toyota/honda. While I doubt anyone sees 50% off a new vehicle, you will see numbers that have not been possible before.

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
Thats great for Toyota, bad for a Luxury brand like Lexus if everyone goes Toyota/honda. While I doubt anyone sees 50% off a new vehicle, you will see numbers that have not been possible before.

Sorry, I always use Toyota and Lexus together LOL I think they go hand in hand. Lexus would likely increase market share despite falling sales as well. I don't think you will see numbers greater than the 08 recession, you might see less content in some vehicles to bring the price down somewhat...