mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Not wrong.

But not right either. Sure battery tech sucks and it's the major reason why range is bad as well as the reason why it takes a hit of 35% at very low temperatures. It doesn't qualify for the federal tax and none of the import BEVs ever will, that's just government market protection against Chinese imports and that's ok. They had to reclassify SUVs so Cadillac could get the tax credit for Lyriq.

I am not buying the argument that EV buyers consider range first and everything else second. There are a lot of people who want their EV to look and feel like a regular car.

This car will do better in other markets compared to US most likely.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
But not right either. Sure battery tech sucks and it's the major reason why range is bad as well as the reason why it takes a hit of 35% at very low temperatures. It doesn't qualify for the federal tax and none of the import BEVs ever will, that's just government market protection against Chinese imports and that's ok. They had to reclassify SUVs so Cadillac could get the tax credit for Lyriq.

I am not buying the argument that EV buyers consider range first and everything else second. There are a lot of people who want their EV to look and feel like a regular car.

This car will do better in other markets compared to US most likely.
We ICEV (Toyota) drivers said BEVs (Teslas) have little range, BEV (Tesla) drivers said most drivers don't need more range (insert shady statistics). Now BEV (Tesla) drivers say other BEVs (Toyotas) have little range. I though it was enough for most needs? Now it is not?

Reactions
I didn't see the article posted, but here it is for context

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The bZ4X has to sell at 30% discount in China just three months after launch. This is what happens when Toyota realize they have to compete for once.

On needs to be unreasonably loyal to Lexus to buy this garbage at $60k.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
The few of us with actual/real/significant EV driving experience know the importance of EV range. In many US western states we cruise at 80 mph consistently on freeways and highways and that results in range of only 70% to 75% of EPA "combined" range, So 300 miles of EPA range minimum is a necessity.