Cadillac CELESTIQ

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Bring a new Century level LS here.
I don't know what this thing is but I don't get ultra luxury vibes from it.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I like it. Not in love but kudos to them for this attempt. I still really wish they had given the CT6 a chance..

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
That was 40 years ago. This forums namesake, Lexus, didn't even start until 1989. Toyota was a small player nationally and internationally until the late 80s when Japanese brands really ramped up in the US. Saturn was America's answer to Japanese car brands and was semi-successful for a hot minute.

I get that, but underestimate the mindshare of the Escalade at your peril. It's not as dominant with rappers and athletes as it was in 2005 (Land Rover and Bentley have moved into that ultra-lux full-size SUV space, among others), but it's still the default car for those kinds of influencers. I don't think GM will be able to parlay that into selling sedans (it hasn't worked yet for e.g. the CTS-V) but it's not nothing.

Regarding this car, the interior is like if someone took the current LS and made it all screens. It's not horrible, but I'm not a fan of the all screens dash thing. The exterior's nice until you get to the C pillar, at which point it abruptly reads as a weird widebody kit for a much cheaper hatchback.