Buying Opportunity: 2016 Lexus LX Convertible on Sale in Kuwait

Reactions
dgzutkocaol7nh1vvlvk.jpg

zfbkfjcogvyghalvycwp.jpg

hi4d0q3jwtmumvph7p9q.jpg

pygbhmeqajaykhee9ytx.jpg
ygzben34okorwdwdbvx8.jpg

http://blog.caranddriver.com/what-c...issan-murano-crosscabriolet-this-lexus-lx570/
There are two types of people in the world: those who say, “I wish to be a reasonable and productive member of society,” and those who say, “Sure, I love the Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet, but it’s just a little too sensible; I need something real classy.” Fear not, fanciful friends; the quixotic chariot of your dreams has finally arrived. Behold the Lexus LX570 convertible.

Spotted on the UAEsale Facebook page by one of our diligent staffers during office hours, this softtop Lexus LX570 SUV is currently for sale in the United Arab Emirates for a piddling $1,300,000 AED. That’s about $340,000 in U.S. currency, or roughly $250,000 more than the current $89,830 base MSRP of a 2016 LX570 with its roof still intact.

And while we can’t name the stylistic visionary responsible for the this sun-seeking Lexus, a quick internet search reveals to our surprise that the California-based firm Newport Convertible Engineering—the same folks who brought us the Porsche Cayenne convertible—also trades in topless LX570s. The NCE conversions, however, clearly feature a roof rail connecting the A-, B-, and C-pillars, whereas everything but the B-pillar roll bar on the vehicle here appears to have fallen to the almighty Sawzall. Where the surgery was performed is anyone’s guess.
http://www.uaesale.com/uae_mycar_en.aspx?carid=24790

stay classy Dubai

Last edited:

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
But the trunk space seemed to be all used up by the soft top when folded down. Would be interesting if they could also convert it into a pickup truck as it does have good towing capability.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
In Orlando, there's a Tundra running around with LX badging and all the Toyota logos replaced with Lexus. I thought it was a cute flip on the usual "Lexus is not authentic, I must put Altezza badges on my IS" thing.

Hamed Al Ketbi

Founding Member
Reactions
It is not bad, but from the side it looks so annoying and fake!
But it would for sure be great to have it in a city!

mwyf

Founding Member
Reactions
Call it what you like. But it's a joke of a modification. Does not retain the inherent Lexusness.