Lexus CT Assumed no Gen 2 Coming, bought another.

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
I had hoped Lexus would have announced a new CT by now, but (obviously) they haven't and my bet is that they won't sell it in North America even if they do bring out a Gen 2. My wife doesn't like SUVs, even if they are small, so the likely Lexus UX isn't a choice and the only other car anywhere near in size/economy/luxury is the Audi E Tron and the reliability of a German car is a huge drawback. So, we pulled the trigger on a 2017 F Sport Series 2 - the first time ever for us buying a new version of the same generation of a car.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Congratulations. :)

the only other car anywhere near in size/economy/luxury is the Audi E Tron and the reliability of a German car is a huge drawback

As far as Audi reliability is concerned, according to Consumer Reports, the company has made a lot of upward strides lately. But you still played it safe by getting a Lexus, which, reliability-wise, is still at or near the top of most surveys.

What's the Series-2, BTW?....does that refer to the new second-generation version? And thanks for the heads-up.....I wasn't aware, BTW, until now, that Lexus had extended the F-Sport option to the CT. ;)

Last edited:

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
Congratulations. :)

As far as Audi reliability is concerned, according to Consumer Reports, the company has made a lot of upward strides lately. But you still played it safe by getting a Lexus, which, reliability-wise, is still at or near the top of most surveys.

Even if the short term reliability is improved, I have heard so many anecdotes about the long term reliability it makes me nervous

What's the Series-2, BTW?....does that refer to the new second-generation version? And thanks for the heads-up.....I wasn't aware, BTW, until now, that Lexus had extended the F-Sport option to the CT. ;)[/QUOTE]

Series 2 is like an F Sport with the Executive package. Our trade in was an F Sport as well. It has the best seats of any car we have had, including our GS.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
GSCT said:
Series 2 is like an F Sport with the Executive package. Our trade in was an F Sport as well. It has the best seats of any car we have had, including our GS.

One thing about the CT's seats (and I noted this in my review of one a few years ago) is the superb NuLuxe imitation-leather they use....easily the best-looking, best-feeling, and most realistic fake stuff I've seen to date. It puts the stuff in the European cars to shame. I assume they are still using the NuLuxe on the F-Sport, unless they changed it to real leather (which is possible, since the F-Sport is an extra-cost package).

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
One thing about the CT's seats (and I noted this in my review of one a few years ago) is the superb NuLuxe imitation-leather they use....easily the best-looking, best-feeling, and most realistic fake stuff I've seen to date. It puts the stuff in the European cars to shame. I assume they are still using the NuLuxe on the F-Sport, unless they changed it to real leather (which is possible, since the F-Sport is an extra-cost package).

The Series 2 has leather, the Series 1 has NuLuxe. However, I have to agree NuLuxe makes a great substitute for leather.