Apple CarPlay Added to Lexus LS Sedan, LC Coupe, RC Coupe, and NX Crossover

GTG

Fan
Reactions
Good day guys , one of my family members just ask me what to buy and I said a Nx . Guess what they bought it , in September with out navigation , because they said that it won’t come on the model until next . Really Lexus !!! Why !!! Lexus !!! People are spending money not paying with peanuts , please get your info out earlier like next day .

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Ouch. Now it's included in even the cheapest NX Hybrid -- Standard Package With Apple CarPlay$51,350

*Apple CarPlay available on Lexus NX manufactured after October 1, 2018.

https://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/automobiles/nx/specifications?model=NX-300h

If they had bought it without official confirmation of a retrofit, maybe they are okay living without CarPlay? I've seen comments on Car and Driver and over at DriveAccord not wanting to buy a Toyota because vehicles lack CarPlay but yeah, it sucks that they bought a 2019 MY without CarPlay thinking it won't be arriving until 2020.

Then again, even the 2019 Corolla hatch comes with CarPlay. Silly Toyota should have equipped all 2019 MY models with CP rather than just batches after October 1st.

Hopefully they're still happy with the purchase.

GTG

Fan
Reactions
Thanks man , they are older so they know highway roads and shorts cuts , but it would of been nice for them to get a treat like that since they I phones . They absolutely love the car though.

Reactions
I was told by someone at Lexus Corporate that the head unit on the 2018 NX300 is the same as the 2019. I am sure an update is possible for CarPlay.
Maybe I should have waited for the 2019 Acura RDX........