Any Audiophiles in here?

DoingDamage

Premium Member
Reactions
Hey Guys,

Any Audiophiles in here? I'm looking for some new music to listen to.

I don't have that big of a setup. I have a Marantz 5006 with a pair of Focals 736v. With the Focals, you don't need that much power to push them and I love the way they sound, so I don't need any real serious amps. Went to Best Buy and auditioned the B&W 802 Ds and was not impressed at all. My mids and highs are better, in my opinion.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
I'm sort of an audophile in spirit :D.

I have nowhere close to the funds to buy the equipment I want. I simply make due with very basic equipment that I have now, absolutely nothing fancy whatsoever.

DoingDamage

Premium Member
Reactions
I'm sort of an audophile in spirit :D.

I have nowhere close to the funds to buy the equipment I want. I simply make due with very basic equipment that I have now, absolutely nothing fancy whatsoever.

Well, you have the love for it, so that's the first step. And you don't need a monster budget to start off. Get a good receiver and some good front speakers. Then, add components year after year.

A coworker of mine has spent over 80K on his setup (will post pics later). I spent 2k, lol. I need to upgrade my surrounds and get a sub, but I'm still overly happy with what I have.

Here's a website that has some good deals. www.accessories4less.com

DoingDamage

Premium Member
Reactions
Below are some youtube links of songs I love to hear on a nice system.

- that BASS!

- Love the guitar play, the bass play

- Can't go wrong with Diana Krall

- The piano floats in air and the crispness of Bailey's voice.

DoingDamage

Premium Member
Reactions
Hey, I'm selling my front speakers. I'm not sure if I can post here or sell them here, so let me know if I can.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Hey, I'm selling my front speakers. I'm not sure if I can post here or sell them here, so let me know if I can.

We do have the Buy and Sell sub-forum. You can always double-check with krew and message him about posting it there :).