Another C&D cheap shot at Lexus....

mikeavelli

Reactions
I was reading on their latest NSX article and out of nowhere read this...

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2016-acura-nsx-dissected-powertrain-chassis-and-more-feature

There was that coupe with the V-10 in its big schnoz screaming around the Nürburgring in 2008. Corporate canned it later that year, figuring out something that Toyota never did during development of the Lexus LFA: An interstellar unicorn that is seriously into six figures will do little for a brand that sells most of its vehicles for less than $50,000.

The writer could not be more wrong considering how the LFA has directly influenced and changed the brand from the drive, to the looks to construction. Lexus also has never sold better worldwide. The LFA and NSX are not one and the same either, completely different cars with the LFA being a full blown exotic. It is also ridiculous to try to put Acura/Lexus on the same plane as they are in far different places. But these writers continue to act like they are all the same since they (Acura, Infiniti, Lexus) all come from a Japanese parent company.

Its amazing to see the disses to the LFA even though its considered by experts as one of the greatest cars made.

bnizzle87

Fan
Reactions
Not surprising. The LFA is Lexus' halo vehicle, and it draws attention from the singular luxury perspective the brand had prior to the F performance and F-sport segments. Styling, handling, and the overall attention to more dynamic, driver-based vehicles were created as a result.

Hearing that NSX and LFA are on the same level is a bit of a head scratcher, considering every article regarding the new NSX is purely speculation. It's not even in production, and media wants to compare the two. But in truth, I do have a liking from the NSX of decades ago. The generation of it and the MKIV Supra were what made the 90s for me. I'd much rather have an example of those two than the potential new one (not) coming out.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Yeah can't say I'm surprised either. It's sad and silly to read that kind of stuff, but I personally try and give it as little attention as possible. I really don't want to be contributing any attention or clicks to such baiting articles for these guys.

Reactions
I was reading on their latest NSX article and out of nowhere read this...

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2016-acura-nsx-dissected-powertrain-chassis-and-more-feature

The writer could not be more wrong considering how the LFA has directly influenced and changed the brand from the drive, to the looks to construction. Lexus also has never sold better worldwide. The LFA and NSX are not one and the same either, completely different cars with the LFA being a full blown exotic. It is also ridiculous to try to put Acura/Lexus on the same plane as they are in far different places. But these writers continue to act like they are all the same since they (Acura, Infiniti, Lexus) all come from a Japanese parent company.

Its amazing to see the disses to the LFA even though its considered by experts as one of the greatest cars made.

you know what's amazing, that he disses the LFA despite it getting a highly positive review by C&D (he was probably not the one who reviewed the LFA)