internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
19-09-17-lexus-android-auto.jpg

Select Lexus models will soon be offered with Android Auto, following the debut of the infotainment system with the 2020 RX crossover.
Accordingto a Lexus support page, the 2020 model year RC coupe & UX crossover will both be equipped with Android Auto. The 2020 ES sedan and NX crossover will also receive the software, though only with vehicles built from October 2019.
Android Auto was first introduced to the Lexus lineup with the debut of the updated 2020 RX crossover, here’s a video of the system in action:

[Via: Android Police]

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

yiantony

Fan
Reactions
I'm ditching Lexus at this point because of lacking Android Auto (or their funky infotainment system). I have signed up for the Audi monthly subscriptions($1385 per month to swap 5 models from Audi). I have already driven S5 Q5 and Q7. The system is miles better in my personal opinion. It at least display foreign characters correctly.

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
I'm ditching Lexus at this point because of lacking Android Auto (or their funky infotainment system). I have signed up for the Audi monthly subscriptions($1385 per month to swap 5 models from Audi). I have already driven S5 Q5 and Q7. The system is miles better in my personal opinion. It at least display foreign characters correctly.
Kinto service...

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
According to my inside source there will be only one 2020 Lexus model with Android Auto.
And yes, when I worked at a Lexus dealership, Android phone use by customers and employees was MUCH higher than 20%

we will know as soon as they introduce first model... but these Toyota models all use Entune 3.0, so i dont see why they wont be rolling out super fast to newer Toyota's, and then also like Car Play roll out to all Lexus models with newer multimedia, that already have Car Play.

Only thing that I would not be sure is Europe, because they have completely different policies there, but since Yaris is getting it, then all other TMC models might be getting it soon enough.

Reactions
Except "RX" does not have Enform App Suite 2.0, so I would give that statement a quick edit and omit RX. :)

Reactions
Damn shame it's not possible to retrofit by upload on my 2018 LC, that's not the way to handle customer satisfaction, specially for a car in this price range...

Reactions
Hey guys, I guess we can have some updates for Android Auto!
Looks like this page below is created for Android Auto on Sep 6, 2019, and now it has pretty much everything we need, except the exact date it is rolling out.
So excited about this:
"""
The following Lexus vehicles will support Android Auto™:
2020 model year: RX, RC, UX, and select ES* and NX*
* On the 2020 ES and NX, available on select vehicles from October 2019 production
"""
source:
https://lexus2.custhelp.com/app/answers/list?p=190,1747
https://lexus2.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10491?p=190,1747

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
19-09-17-lexus-android-auto.jpg

Select Lexus models will soon be offered with Android Auto, following the debut of the infotainment system with the 2020 RX crossover.
Accordingto a Lexus support page, the 2020 model year RC coupe & UX crossover will both be equipped with Android Auto. The 2020 ES sedan and NX crossover will also receive the software, though only with vehicles built from October 2019.
Android Auto was first introduced to the Lexus lineup with the debut of the updated 2020 RX crossover, here’s a video of the system in action:

[Via: Android Police]

Continue reading...

Reactions
I sure hope these 8 words below beside the * asterisk covering the ES don't mean that Lexus is intending to up sell customers into unwanted options, packages, or trim levels.

"available on select vehicles from October 2019 production"

Reactions
Deja-vu. No love for Pre-Oct '19, yet. Just like how Lexus didn't support Apple Carplay on Pre-Oct '18 models until a few months down the road.