Achievement Ratio: How Well On-Paper Performance Translates into Actual Performance

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
the b58 is much more accessible then the s58.

lots of Zupras, M340is. On the flip side VRs q60s, K civics, and anything recent dodge, ford dominating the scene.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
After driving the 440i for a while I'm beginning to miss NA responsiveness. B58 is one of the most responsive turbocharged engines yet I'm not entirely satisfied. But maybe it's because of the manual with super long gears (2nd goes to 75mph, 3rd goes to 115) and thus the lack of torque multiplication. I understand the 6 speed is geared for high top speed on Autobahn but I think the B58 is better with the legendary ZF8HP. The AT is a perfect balance of tight acceleration gears and efficient cruise gears.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
After driving the 440i for a while I'm beginning to miss NA responsiveness. B58 is one of the most responsive turbocharged engines yet I'm not entirely satisfied. But maybe it's because of the manual with super long gears (2nd goes to 75mph, 3rd goes to 115) and thus the lack of torque multiplication. I understand the 6 speed is geared for high top speed on Autobahn but I think the B58 is better with the legendary ZF8HP. The AT is a perfect balance of tight acceleration gears and efficient cruise gears.
have you considered the i4?