5th Generation (2018+) Lexus LS 500 & LS 500h Megathread

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-01-11-lexus-ls-eyesondesign-award.jpg

The flagship sedan was selected for Interior Design Excellence.
View the original article post

Reactions
your Mazda
"your Mazda", LOL. Th new LS looks like a cheap and weak Mazda 6. Fanboys wont see it of course, but it is in fact the impression that the design gives out. I like the look of it from the front though. But unfortunately they made it look FWD instead of RWD, which adds to the weak look of this new LS.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
It's clearly a mix-up. Here's the same area in the regular LS (curiously, with a spacer on the right of the rightmost of the 4 buttons, unlike the LS hybrid, which has no such spacer on the right despite the same number of buttons):

Thanks in advance for asking about it though.

After asking all I will say is "good eye" :)

SteVVT-i

Fan
Reactions
Am I the only one tripin out over the light graphic on the passenger side of the dash? What is that?? How did they do that?? is it a screen? an illusion? WTF!!?? Its something we've seen in many concepts and its blowing my mind right now!
Lexus-200b-gallery-desktop-2000x1000-LEX-LSG-MY18-0012.jpg

Reactions
It's really lost a lot of class compared to previous LS series cars. So many useless style lines on the grill, body and especially the dash. It looks a bit cheap. I guess Lexus designers want youth appeal (as if the IS products weren't enough). BMW tried this a while ago and alienated customers. Remember the BMW 7-Series sedan with the trunk they called the "Bangle Butt" after the designer? They had to smooth out the creases and corners to get 7 series buyers back. Maybe "LS" now stands for "Line Style"

Reactions: RAL

RAL

Reactions
Welcome to the community Elegy!
And a community we are ... of which I am proud ... for the way we freely and respectfully share our opinions ... and often implicitly agree to disagree :)

RAL

Reactions
"Community"?! It's just another forum. I know some of you just worship Lexus no matter what, but that's not what makes a genuine discussion forum.

Yes, we like to think of this forum as a community, regardless of our loyalty to Lexus or lack thereof. Members often comment how they appreciate the civility on this site as opposed to the combativeness on others. This is a safe place where opinions are accepted and respected ... and all are welcome. It is my job to protect these attributes!

Candor is necessary for a good forum, but rudeness is not. Consider this a warning.

Can

Reactions
I recently see this. In CR news about LS500, it is showing 2 cameras at the rear plate of the car. Is this something related with new Advanced Lexus Safety System +? My ES only has 1 camera at the back for rear viewing... Take a look at the 37th second in the video.

Black Dynamite

Follower
Reactions
It's been a couple of days and I feel no better about being swerved by Lexus on the concept. The concept shouldn't have been sent out if it had nothing to do with the production car. This car looks weak and lacks every ounce of presence the LF-FC had. The car is two cylinders short and the interior graphics on the dash look like a nightmare compared to the incredible infotainment Mercedes brought to mark. A huge disappointment that will reflect in sales after 2018. It's sales will sink like a stone, and Mercedes execs are smiling from ear-to-ear right now.

It's almost as if some bean-counter did an analysis on the clearer better design last year and said "We can't afford to make it look THIS good!" and Lexus went to Plan B, which is weak sauce, in comparison. This car looks like a rough draft of the next LS, and they picked it back up off the cutting room floor a few months ago.

What a shame, the fact that Lexus showed last year they COULD be better than this, but chose not to be. Last year, I was getting Filet Mignon. This year, Filet-O-Fish? Bait-and-switch. Not cool.
BD

Last edited:
Reactions
lets say opinions were...different on germancarforum, i mean it's split opinions on exterior here too but on GCF there was clear what the majority thought

Am I the only one tripin out over the light graphic on the passenger side of the dash? What is that?? How did they do that?? is it a screen? an illusion? WTF!!?? Its something we've seen in many concepts and its blowing my mind right now!
Lexus-200b-gallery-desktop-2000x1000-LEX-LSG-MY18-0012.jpg

i must say i quite like how the lines in the vents are a part of the full design and i also like the bit underneath the vents and doorpanels, simplistic and nice looking

Levi

Expert
Reactions
lets say opinions were...different on germancarforum, i mean it's split opinions on exterior here too but on GCF there was clear what the majority thought

i must say i quite like how the lines in the vents are a part of the full design and i also like the bit underneath the vents and doorpanels, simplistic and nice looking

There are some rational thinkers on all forums, but the majority of what is happening on the forum you mentioned is circlejerking (should be called GermanCarCirclejerk), and thus totally worthless.

The new LS500 is not perfect, maybe far from perfect, but the same goes for all the others (not an excuse). Don't forget cars are commercial, so they will never be perfect trying to appeal to a majority, and niche brands are only perfect for a minority. Want a perfect car? Have to build it. Can't build it? Have to deal with what is available, and for me it is TMC.

It's been a couple of days and I feel no better about being swerved by Lexus on the concept. The concept shouldn't have been sent out if it had nothing to do with the production car. This car looks weak and lacks every ounce of presence the LF-FC had. The car is two cylinders short and the interior graphics on the dash look like a nightmare compared to the incredible infotainment Mercedes brought to mark. A huge disappointment that will reflect in sales after 2018. It's sales will sink like a stone, and Mercedes execs are smiling from ear-to-ear right now.

It's almost as if some bean-counter did an analysis on the clearer better design last year and said "We can't afford to make it look THIS good!" and Lexus went to Plan B, which is weak sauce, in comparison. This car looks like a rough draft of the next LS, and they picked it back up off the cutting room floor a few months ago.

What a shame, the fact that Lexus showed last year they COULD be better than this, but chose not to be. Last year, I was getting Filet Mignon. This year, Filet-O-Fish? Bait-and-switch. Not cool.
BD

Have to hope the new LX will be better.

Reactions
"Community"?! It's just another forum. I know some of you just worship Lexus no matter what, but that's not what makes a genuine discussion forum.
This is "Lexus Enthusiast" not the "Lexus Fanboy" forum (Unlike some other sites)
BRTky.jpg

Yes, we like to think of this forum as a community, regardless of our loyalty to Lexus or lack thereof. Members often comment how they appreciate the civility on this site as opposed to the combativeness on others. This is a safe place where opinions are accepted and respected ... and all are welcome. It is my job to protect these attributes!

Candor is necessary for a good forum, but rudeness is not. Consider this a warning.
Yup, play by the rules and you can criticize all you want without the KGB following your every step!

I would say, this 2018 LS has been great for web traffic for the TLE! SEO in effect!

Last edited: