$53k for a 350h?

Reactions
WTF?
As a 20+year Lexus customer, I’m disappointed by the package and option overlap that puts the 2022 350h over $53k with reasonable options. The BS package and individual options is contrary to where we started and what is in the queue for the IS and LX.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Whats the "bs" package? What was the delta between your current NX-H and the new one?

Reactions
You are missing the point, one of the hallmarks of Lexus was fewer packages and line item options. We are now at the age of GM with 47 option packages and and endless drive towards raising ASP and margin.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
You are missing the point, one of the hallmarks of Lexus was fewer packages and line item options. We are now at the age of GM with 47 option packages and and endless drive towards raising ASP and margin.
But fewer packages meant more items were grouped together in the past so each package brought some unnecessary extras. But I understand the gripe though. ASP are going to be increasing across the board for all new LGNA vehicles. Covering more market then before.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Agree with @NXracer - most people want more options packages and features that allow them to get exactly what they want, whereas there used to be 2-3 packages that grouped in options buyers didn't necessarily want.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Typically the majority of past gen NX on dealer lots have been low 40s. Being that you only got two flavors of NX the person paying 50k for the top trims wasnt as special as the person picking up that base NX. With this extended lineup, the cold reality is that if you are picking up the NX as a value play, then Lexus really wants you to pick up a 250.

Reactions
Replying to my own post…after waiting 10 months in the queue, I pulled the trigger on 2022 NX 350h with the luxury package. Shipped from Japan on July 8th. Hopefully, it will be at the dealer next week. I did attempt to buy a 2022 Hyundai Sante Fe Hybrid Limited but the dealers were adding $7k - $9k to MSRP including mandatory dealer installed options before they even received the vehicle. No thanks, if I’m paying that much, Lexus wins over Hyundai.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
...Lexus wins over Hyundai.
Sorry, I find that funny. I would never consider cross-shopping Hyundai and Lexus, maybe Toyota but not Lexus.

I have not driven a Sante Fe in a while, and admittedly, it was a very basic rental car, but did not have think it comparable to a Lexus. Are the newer ones that good, that they are comparable with Lexus?

Reactions
The Santa Fe was to replace my wife's Acura RDX. Acura software/infotainment split screen sucks. The Hyundai drove very nicely and they have clearly upped their game for fit and finish. Not quite a Genesis but, $42k for a loaded hybrid SUV is a pretty good deal until it was $52k. I'm assuming any Santa Fe rental you had was not the Limited model with options. You might want to test drive it if you can find one and it's not selling at over $50k.

The NX is replacing my Lexus ES