cookieyh

Fan
Reactions

pacman1

Fan
Reactions
The new GX in Chinese market is hybrid only, GX 550h. The same powertrain as LC250, 2.4 iForce MAX.

Interesting. Have they mentioned fuel economy?

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
24mpg could be a reason why the gas-only GX550 is rated for 17mpg combined. If it was 19 combined like the LX600/4WD Tundra(arguably should be) or more, 5 mpg difference might be a tougher sell.
This is the only use case in the Toyota line-up where the optional hybrid engine is a cylinder downgrade, so it's hard to say for sure.

Could also just be drag 🙃

Reactions
Is everyone expecting that the GX550h, the Land Cruiser 250 to be sold in the U.S., and the 2025 hybridized version of the 4Runner will have the same engine? I would be curious if anyone has a different understanding.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Pleased to hear universally positive comments about the interior quality, materials, and fit and finish. While I don't love the interior design, knowing Lexus stayed true to their roots on quality and detail is music to my ears.

I still absolutely love how the exterior looks and it seems like everyone else does too. There's something I like about every trim which would make it kind of hard to choose which to purchase.

I am surprised with some comments around it being even softer and more disconnected than the GX 460. As a GX 460 owner, that seems hard to do (lol) and ironic with Lexus' recent trend of being a bit more driver focused. For example, the transition from LX 570 to LX 600 made the LX 600 feel and handle like a performance car in comparison. 3GX going the other direction is not what I was expecting, but I know a lot of folks love that classic smooth Lexus ride, and softer suspension also helps offroad.

I know these are prototypes, so I hope the comments around sloppy transmission shifting, drivetrain vibration and engine roughness/noise are improved for the production vehicles. At the same time, the V35A-FTS has been disappointing in those areas to me personally, but I'm hoping Lexus has continued to improve tuning as it goes into the GX.

Savagegeese's review title "Best effort since the LC" does indeed seem true. Smash hit for Lexus.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Also I'm noticing completely different engine sound in sport plus......still cannot decide whether I like it or not but the fake sound on the LX and the LS is abominating and I'm glad it's better.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

• First-ever Overtrail and Overtrail+ grades with standard 33-inch All-Terrain tires/18-inch wheels
  • 3.4L twin-turbo V6 produces 349 horsepower; 479 lb.-ft. of torque
  • Hybrid powertrain available; introduced in the U.S. at a later date
  • Standard Lexus Safety System+ 3.0 and Lexus Interface with 14-inch multimedia touchscreen
  • Up to 9,096 lbs. towing capacity
  • Starting MSRP of $64,250* (includes Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee)
  • Expected to arrive at Lexus dealerships in early 2024

Motor

Expert
Reactions

jphcbpa

Fan
Reactions
I bet Lexus dealership wait list exploded even more after all these driving impressions released.