30-60k off the 2017 NSX

mikeavelli

Reactions
https://jalopnik.com/buyers-are-getting-massive-discounts-on-the-acura-nsx-w-1819143604

If you go to NSX Prime there are now multiple stories of getting the NSX at some crazy deals. Cars are just sitting and they have to begin 2018 production soon.

Lowest I've seen is someone got a new NSX for 122k! Someone just got 60k off a 200k car.

What is insane is just a few months ago dealerships were marking the car up 20-50k. I saw one locally around 250k! The market has corrected itself I think these prices make it a much more compelling buy.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
If you go to NSX Prime there are now multiple stories of getting the NSX at some crazy deals. Cars are just sitting and they have to begin 2018 production soon.

Lowest I've seen is someone got a new NSX for 122k! Someone just got 60k off a 200k car.

What is insane is just a few months ago dealerships were marking the car up 20-50k. I saw one locally around 250k! The market has corrected itself I think these prices make it a much more compelling buy.

Current overstock may indeed be part of the problem, but I'd bet an equally-significant issue is that the marketers at Acura are nervously watching that all-new mid-engine Corvette that Chevy is going to display in a few months, either at the L.A. or Detroit show. They know that a mid-engine 'Vette will all but kill off the already slow-selling NSX. They probably want to sell off as many NSX's as they can, right now (and who can blame them?) even if it means a loss on each car from the big discounts and rebates, before everybody rushes out to buy the new 'Vette, and they take even MORE of a loss on the remaining NSX stock.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Hopefully this happens to the Civic Type R

Are you interested in a Type R? Is it on your shopping list? Unlike past versions, this one is available in the U.S. market. Like Mike pointed out, though, they might not come cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions
Ironically they are fetching more over sticker.....
Too much hype...yeah, Honda dealers went to school with ADM on the Rrrgh. Still waiting to hear of dealers selling them at MSRP. With some of the fortunate new owners getting theirs at MSRP, some had to purchase the dealer added accessories to get their car at MSRP.
Are you interested in a Type R? Is it on your shopping list? Unlike past versions, this one is available in the U.S. market. Like Mike pointed out, though, they might not come cheap.
Like a lot of enthusiasts, Honda were the cars to get during the 90s and the Type Rs were best performing Hondas made...personally I think the new one looks too riced from the factory though I'm sure it delivers what it promises, but its not worth it for over MSRP. Plenty of other cars to consider.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Too much hype...yeah, Honda dealers went to school with ADM on the Rrrgh. Still waiting to hear of dealers selling them at MSRP. With some of the fortunate new owners getting theirs at MSRP, some had to purchase the dealer added accessories to get their car at MSRP.
Like a lot of enthusiasts, Honda were the cars to get during the 90s and the Type Rs were best performing Hondas made...personally I think the new one looks too riced from the factory though I'm sure it delivers what it promises, but its not worth it for over MSRP. Plenty of other cars to consider.
I love it lol...

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I remember when S2000 just came out and there was a huge backlog... i went into Honda dealership first time to look at some used vehicle and when looking at S2000 they just laughed and told us not even to look at it.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I remember when S2000 just came out and there was a huge backlog... i went into Honda dealership first time to look at some used vehicle and when looking at S2000 they just laughed and told us not even to look at it.

That was the typical Honda dealership-arrogance at the time. Unfortunately, too many Hondas shops lived too long in the past, and continued to display that kind of snooty attitude long after Honda and Toyota were no longer the two top honchos in the market.......when they actually had credible competition.

Last edited: