Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Since the home page post updated to the first post in this thread...

Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-8.08.04-AM-768x383.png

Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-8.07.30-AM-1024x508.png

Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-8.07.51-AM-768x383.png

Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-8.09.08-AM-768x381.png

Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-8.09.23-AM-768x383.png

Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-8.07.41-AM-768x381.png

Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-8.05.56-AM-768x383.png

Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-8.06.18-AM-768x380.png

Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-8.08.28-AM-768x382.png

Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-8.08.54-AM-768x383.png

Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-8.08.43-AM-768x380.png

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
After digesting for some time, I think exterior is looking superb. The overall shape is still unmistakably an NX with nice touches from the most current Lexus design languages. However, the interior is where I think should be more "Lexus" like. The whole design theme is clearly a carbon copy of the Mirai which isn't a terrible thing but still I think they could've done a better job incorporating designs from higher class vehicles (LS, LC) and differentiate more from its parent company.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I do love the exterior I think it looks great...interior still up in the air for me. Does it look like Lexus? Not sure and maybe the Lexus interior is going through a mass change that other models will follow and this is just the first one. I think if you are an original NX owner like myself I would switch to this new one and would be excited to have it. If I was looking to switch both my cars out I would be more excited but as I've said NX isn't big enough for our needs but I would be shocked if the NX isn't number 1 or 2 selling small SUVs once it comes out.

Will1991

Reactions
Did anyone noticed the NX200 moniker? A new base version?

I just loved to see the interior, it's quite a looker! Outside, it improved on the still beautifull 1NX.

I'm just unsure about, what it looks to be, piano black trim.... It's impossible to keep it clean and scratch free...

And now even Lexus is doing the E-shifter and touchscreen AC nonsense...

Current LC/LS and UX300e already had it.

I don't see the analog clock anywhere in the picture! I don't mind but passengers do.

It's digital now, upper right corner of the infotainmet.
Call me old fashion, but it was a detail I really liked, specially the implementation done in the IS/RC.

larryren

Follower
Reactions
Did anyone noticed the NX200 moniker? A new base version?

I just loved to see the interior, it's quite a looker! Outside, it improved on the still beautifull 1NX.

I'm just unsure about, what it looks to be, piano black trim.... It's impossible to keep it clean and scratch free...

Current LC/LS and UX300e already had it.

It's digital now, upper right corner of the infotainmet.
Call me old fashion, but it was a detail I really liked, specially the implementation done in the IS/RC.
Personally known the NX200 trim are selling on Greater China region "last gen"(Using 3ZR-FAE, same for US version C-HR). So this maybe little bit surprise for without this trim's regions. Obviously it share the M20 Series 2L NA engine from RAV4/Harrier and will contiune selling at some specific regions.

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
After digesting for some time, I think exterior is looking superb. The overall shape is still unmistakably an NX with nice touches from the most current Lexus design languages. However, the interior is where I think should be more "Lexus" like. The whole design theme is clearly a carbon copy of the Mirai which isn't a terrible thing but still I think they could've done a better job incorporating designs from higher class vehicles (LS, LC) and differentiate more from its parent company.

I think this is probably the first look at a new interior design philosophy driven by the new multi-media system. LS, while definitely more beautiful, will also change in time and probably become more like this NX in principle.

yiantony

Fan
Reactions
I like the exterior, not too sure about the interior screen part... doesn't look very Lexus

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
Yeah, agree with you guys. Exterior is really, really nice. Interior on the other hand reminds me more of a Toyota design not Lexus.
Personally I don't like Lexus separating top where infotainment is from lower middle console where gear shift is.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-8.08.28-AM-768x382.png
    Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-8.08.28-AM-768x382.png
    411 KB · Views: 19

RAL

Reactions
Kinda exciting for about an hour last night! ... Exterior evolution is spot on ... The new Venza interior (except obtrusive screen) looks more Lexus like. .... This 'slip-up' reveal may get more attention than the planned reveal!

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
All I can say is somebody is getting fired this morning ASAP 😂😂😂

Don't be so sure, seems like this was uploaded for review and if it was a rush job and if artist who published it publicly by mistake is good at what he does primarily he ain't getting fired.

Reactions
Kinda exciting for about an hour last night! ... Exterior evolution is spot on ... The new Venza interior (except obtrusive screen) looks more Lexus like. .... This 'slip-up' reveal may get more attention than the planned reveal!
Overlords in Plano should be proud that "just another crossover vehicle" is getting this much buzz; have it ready soon and people will be running to their dealerships.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
I really like the exterior design, though the horizontal lightbar was unnecessary since it just makes it look like every other manufacturer at this point.

I like the new steering wheel design too, but it looks almost identical to a steering wheel I've already seen from some other brand. Just can't remember where it's from 🤔

edit: I think I was thinking of the LC500 🤦🏽‍♂️ just with the third spoke being fully hollow this time

Reactions: RAL