2025 2CT Coming?

Will1991

Reactions
According to BestCar, the CT could be revived as a crossover by 2025:

c65b0025659b271f3efdeae93dcdbf57.jpg

5f4dc890fe9d2d9a725691f78602b8eb.jpg

There is information that the next model of Lexus CT will be integrated with the UX of a small SUV, but the latest information is that it will be reborn as a compact crossover that is different from UX.

Source: https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/459001

Is this the rumored sub-UX crossover? We haven’t seen any trademark for it and I think CT moniker still is active.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Future GA-C and compact E-TNGA will combine into the E3 platform. I wonder how it will work to create hybrid/BEV variants of one product like CT. Skateboard style EV platforms rely on the battery pack as a stress member for body rigidity. It's impossible to remove the battery and put in a hybrid powertrain because the car won't pass any crash tests.

I don't think the next CT will come with a pure ICEV variant. GX/TX will probably be the last Lexus products to offer ICE-only models. Everything after 2025 will be fully electrified.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Feels to me like Lexus needs to choose "T" (CT) or "Z" (RZ) for this body style.

However, that render looks damn good. :ROFLMAO:

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
My wife liked the CT. If there is a new-generation coming, especially if it came as a PHEV or EV, she may like it. But she already has an order for a Prius Prime so it may be too late (she tends to keep her cars for a decade or so).

Reactions
Future GA-C and compact E-TNGA will combine into the E3 platform. I wonder how it will work to create hybrid/BEV variants of one product like CT. Skateboard style EV platforms rely on the battery pack as a stress member for body rigidity. It's impossible to remove the battery and put in a hybrid powertrain because the car won't pass any crash tests.

I don't think the next CT will come with a pure ICEV variant. GX/TX will probably be the last Lexus products to offer ICE-only models. Everything after 2025 will be fully electrified.

As long as it's not just full EV and it's a competent hybrid it's fine by me. There's nothing wrong with hybrids.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
The CT came out originally as a hybrid which was great but needed more power. If Lexus brings in a 2CT, hybrid and plug-in hybrid would be perfect, a little more room and more power would top it off.

No need to make an EV CT, stay away from soulless EV's, mandate hydrogen, it's cleaner than EV's. The Toyota Mirai comes with 3 years free hydrogen in Commiefornia. The LS was going to have a hydrogen variant (LF-FC) https://www.lexus.com.au/about-lexus/concept-vehicles/lf-fc, however that didn't materialize as governments are trying to run private corporations by mandating EV's for everyone...

mikeavelli

Reactions
I have a feeling it would be a Euro only model. If it came here it needs to start at 30k again and not sure if that’s possible. UX continues to creep to 40k.

There is a dedicated market for it. I also assume it would be raised up a bit.

Will1991

Reactions

As far as publicly stated, TMC’s E3 platform will be available only for Europe, showing up for the first time in the next gen CHR.
To be honest, I think it’s going to be a evolution from what we’ve seen in the CHR BEV/UX300e, something like BMW’s CLAR platform…
Here in Europe all the Euro brands are selling tremendously well those poorly packaged BEV/PHEV conversions… TMC is not even in the TOP10 most sold brands with “plugable” cars.

Reactions
As far as publicly stated, TMC’s E3 platform will be available only for Europe, showing up for the first time in the next gen CHR.
To be honest, I think it’s going to be a evolution from what we’ve seen in the CHR BEV/UX300e, something like BMW’s CLAR platform…
Here in Europe all the Euro brands are selling tremendously well those poorly packaged BEV/PHEV conversions… TMC is not even in the TOP10 most sold brands with “plugable” cars.

Is the E3 platform a TNGA platform or something completely new?

Will1991

Reactions
If I remember the press release correctly, it’s something of a mix between TNGA and eTNGA.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
there were many rumors before regarding the CT and carmaker and myself busted them all from respective channels and i still believe that CT is no go, Toyota keep pushing Yaris and Corolla to the small luxed european market by every new gen. and the next Yaris and Corolla models may go head 2 head with the likes of A / 1 / A3 instead of Civic / Golf , leaving this space for Subaru and the return of the STI , so if you wanna small luxed hatches or hot hatches you will have them in Toyota not in Lexus