Reactions
Y’all be talking to me like I haven’t seen and sat inside it lol. I’ll see myself out until the reveal.
the-office-steve-carell.gif

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
Guys it's not a genie lamp here

Sequoia has the right size as a true offroader SUV , yes I know it's a direct expedition, Yukon and Durango competitor and rival as all are BOF truck based

But while the American put their trucks towards long journey on-road trips with bad approach/ departure angles, Toyota put the Sequoia more towards off-road trips with lil bit shorter wheelbase and better angles

The problem with your sentiment is that most American buyers aren't looking for a large/full size SUV costing $60,000 - $80,000 primarily for off-road usage plus many of the Sequoias' direct competitors also offer models that provide stellar off road capabilities without sacrificing comfort/utility for daily on road driving situations.

Last edited:

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
The problem with your sentiment is that most American buyers aren't looking for a large/full size SUV costing $60,000 - $80,000 primarily for off-road usage plus many of the Sequoias' direct competitors also offer models that provide stellar off road capabilities without sacrificing comfort/utility for daily on road driving situations.

Kinda this yes. IMHO, Toyota/Lexus doesn't have anything to combat the large SUV segment (suburban, Tahoe, Yukon, Expedition, etc.). Really just looking for three things from TMC for said future product: (1) Don't be disposable (see Escalade, Navigator, etc.). (2) Legitimately have interior that is as/more roomy than Tahoe/Yukon. (3). Interior noise at interstate can't sound like driving through a hurricane and front seat comfort and legroom (is it too much to ask for 43-45 inches front leg room with proper telescoping steering wheel) should account for fact that most people in North America are no longer 5'8".

Simple asks. roomy, reliable, comfortable. Hell, change the acoustic glass, paneling and seats/legroom of Sienna to make it as comfortable and quiet as say a Yukon/Tahoe and I'll forget this whole discussion.

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
Even my 3 young kids complain about the seats and noise in the Sienna vs. LX 570 and two of three are in booster/care seats!?!?!

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions
Any idea when this year TX will be reveled?
As per Automotive News which is generally accurate (https://www.autonews.com/dealers/lexus-dealers-excited-new-electric-tx-crossovers)

Lexus dealers are also excited to see the brand's new TX full-size, three-row crossover, which is scheduled to be shown in the second half of the year. The TX, a sibling vehicle to the coming Toyota Grand Highlander, gives Lexus a vehicle for growing families.

The TX "fills a gap that we've needed to be filled for a long time. It's a people mover. It's the right size. It's a car-based vehicle that is going to give the ride that that segment is looking for, and it has the size that we were missing," Iacono said.

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
Last edited: