JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I disagree..This will be a clear step above the mdx and qx60 and more of a GLS and X7 competitor…my 2 cents
Well my reasoning is people have been asking for a Lexus version of a MDX, something bigger than the RX. I doubt they are gonna try to compete with 90k+ suvs with a fwd turbo 4. No one will buy a TX over a X7 or GLS. We got 2 more weeks about till we see what the GH is, then we can for sure know where this TX will be

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Guys

It's a very simple

TX / GHL will be the fullsize unibody CUV

Where LX/LCj300/Sequoia are the fullsize BOF SUV

Above both are the Century

And below both are
Prado/4Runner/GX/Fortuner for the mid BOF SUV

And

Crown Estate/Crown sport/RX/Highlander for the mid unibody

Then RAV4/NX/Venza for small

Finally the UX/BZ2/CH-R at the other smallest end of the spectrum

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I'm still betting on midsized lol. The whole point of the GH and TX is something bigger than the Highlander and RX. A full size unibody is basically called a van.

GoHuskers

Fan
Reactions
The base X7 40i starts under $80k so if the fully loaded or semi-loaded TX comes in at around $75k - $77k then it's VERY doable.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
I'm still betting on midsized lol. The whole point of the GH and TX is something bigger than the Highlander and RX. A full size unibody is basically called a van.
But anything labelled as (mini-) van will not sell. So it will have to be dressed up with large wheels & tires, lifted suspension and plastic lower body cladding.

Reactions
Nah, GLS and X7 are RWD-based. Not going to happen. If it beats the MDX and Q60 in terms of performance then it's all good. The bar that the X7 has set performance-wise is insanely high.
We also have the 2024 Mazda CX-90 unveiling happening soon! So, that'll be another RWD-based SUV that's supposed to get the plug-in hybrid powertrain from the CX-60, a new 340hp turbo inline-6, and an updated 8-speed skyactiv transmission. It may not be as big as an X7/GLS/TX, but it could be close.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Looking forward to the CX-90. I'm hoping with how big the TX will be the setup is at least a detuned I force max setup (if the LX won't be getting that system ). A tuned up 500h FSP setup won't do it imo

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions
Wait, wait, so you are saying you have seen one inside and out already??
What Mike is saying is he has not only seen the TX, he has sat his ass in it as well. Would not be surprised if he has spoken to the Chief Engineer of the TX and maybe even taken the TX for a spin already.

Mike is on a whole different level with the Lexus folks compared to the rest of us here :)

Reactions
What Mike is saying is he has not only seen the TX, he has sat his ass in it as well. Would not be surprised if he has spoken to the Chief Engineer of the TX and maybe even taken the TX for a spin already.

Mike is on a whole different level with the Lexus folks compared to the rest of us here :)

He's God.

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
Posted numerous times that would really love the Grand Highlander or TX to be larger and roomier (minimum Chevy Tahoe/GMC Yukon size). Sounds like this is 99.99% not happening.

Hauling 5 plus a lot of gear leaves really nothing in the Toyota/Lexus family. We own a 2016 Sienna Limited AWD and it is insanely loud at freeway speeds, almost like there is speakers pumping the sound of air-whooshing by directly into your ears. And the front seats and front legroom are garbage.

Shoot. Mike, if you're such a BFD, help TMC/Lexus make something to truly compete with the Suburbans, Yukons, etc...

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Guys it's not a genie lamp here

Sequoia has the right size as a true offroader SUV , yes I know it's a direct expedition, Yukon and Durango competitor and rival as all are BOF truck based

But while the American put their trucks towards long journey on-road trips with bad approach/ departure angles, Toyota put the Sequoia more towards off-road trips with lil bit shorter wheelbase and better angles