Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Looks pretty generic.

Not so sure about the big horizontal grille slats -- I would assume more of a mesh pattern?

The render overall gives me 3rd gen Highlander vibes, so I'll be interested to see how close or far off it is from the production vehicle. Can't be too far off if they're teasing the Grand Highlander.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
Personally, I think those renders look more like a Highlander, and I have my doubts it is a TX. Maybe it’s the Grand Highlander.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
"Bigger than Sequoia and more luxurious than LX" was what I heard from a dealer manager today. I have my doubts and think they are just overhyping the product. But surely from his words I can tell they want to turn on this money-printing machine ASAP after being denied to it for almost a decade. They expect to sell out the entire 2023 allocation in less than 2 months.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I'm not sure it's physically bigger than the Sequoia, the Sequoia is huge. The TX would basically be a van. It's supposed to be a larger mid size suv shared with GH. We'll find out soon.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
I have a hard time seeing it larger than the Sequoia or LX, especially if it’s on the same platform as the Grand Highlander.

My feeling is that it will be roughly the size of the Kia Telluride/Hyundai Palisades.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I'm not sure it's physically bigger than the Sequoia, the Sequoia is huge. The TX would basically be a van. It's supposed to be a larger mid size suv shared with GH. We'll find out soon.
I think what he meant was interior space. And it shouldn't be hard to beat the Sequoia on that. We know Sequoia's 3rd row is compromised by staying with solid axle.

There is a possibility they cancel the LX600 VIP in places outside of Middle East, and replace it with a 4-seat TX VIP similar to LM.

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions
The Toyota Grand Highlander will be revealed in about 3 weeks and likely be available for purchase in the summer. The Lexus TX is rumored to be staggered 6 months after the Toyota Grand Highlander which makes for an announcement date of August 2023 and release date early in 2024.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
4-seat TX VIP is what I basically imagine the rumoured Century SUV to be
I still believe that the Century SUV is a hi luxed revamped Sequoia especially after the new news from Japan that it will be available with the 3.5 TT Hybrid

Reactions
I still believe that the Century SUV is a hi luxed revamped Sequoia especially after the new news from Japan that it will be available with the 3.5 TT Hybrid

The Sequoia apparently rides like total dogsh*t so without any major changes I don't see the Century SUV being based off the Sequoia.

Reactions
In lower trims with fatter tires will ride well. Reviews of the Capstone does it no favour.

I heard complaints about the TRD Pro as well in terms of ride quality but to be fair it is a pretty solid off-roader though.

I think the Limited trim is the way to go for most people. I like the TRD Pro a lot though.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Yea. Anyways the Sequoia is just way too big to be in Japan. Crown suv will probably be on GAK

GoHuskers

Fan
Reactions
Will the TX compete with the X7? I really like this SUV (but doesn't want to join the dark side yet) and hope that Lexus has something similar

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
No, TX won't be a flagship. The LX is that. TX is supposed to be accessible luxury 3 row, competing against MDX, QX60.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I disagree..This will be a clear step above the mdx and qx60 and more of a GLS and X7 competitor…my 2 cents

Having a 2-car flagship full size SUV in Lexus will be interesting.

It'll basically make the X7/GLS/upcoming Q9 feel like compromise cars. TX for more comfort and space, LX for more prestige, boxy, and off-road capability... Tho I guess the G Class does exist for that reason as well.. point still stands!