Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Performance Updates:
  • Reduction of unsprung weight (approx. 22 lbs.)
  • Suspension updates to provide smoother, softer suspension stroke
  • Electronic absorber controls adjusted, bound stopper rigidity optimized
  • Rear stabilizer rigidity increased to improve front turn-in ability
  • Active Cornering Assist (ACA) added
  • LC 500: Update to transmission timing, logic changes
  • LC 500h: Multi-Stage Hybrid System shift timing updated
Exterior Updates:
  • Two exterior paint colors added: Cadmium Orange and Nori Green Pearl
  • Refreshed 20” forged alloy wheel with Dark Graphite finish
Interior Updates:
  • Flare Red leather interior added (replaces Rioja Red), Bespoke White leather discontinued
  • Updated Multimedia, Android Auto added

Full press release here: https://pressroom.lexus.com/2021-lexus-lc-luxury-driving-evolved/

Lots of really great updates here, and I recommend reading the full press release. Happy to see Lexus continue to update the LC, hybrid system, infotainment, and many other areas.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Sorry Gecko, looks like I missed this when I posted this:
Not sure if you want me to delete or not.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
What about coronavirus special pricing / financing?

Here in Canada, Toyota/Lexus offering reduced rates of 1.5% plus six months payment deferral.

1.5% plus six months deferral, you say?

idonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcar

They also did some of the suspension tuning for 2020 as well as some additional hardware for it to make it stiffer if I recall right. They are improving it every MY. I'm glad base wheels have been switched, the originals just didn't have any panache to match the car

Do you have a comparo of the old wheels vs these new ones?

Stiffer sure, but seems they focused on a smoother ride too.

I had guessed it was to differentiate from the LC F and RC F more.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
1.5% plus six months deferral, you say?

idonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcaridonotneedanewcar

Do you have a comparo of the old wheels vs these new ones?

Stiffer sure, but seems they focused on a smoother ride too.

I had guessed it was to differentiate from the LC F and RC F more.
Reduced rates by 1.5% so not all that good if the original rates were 4.99% :)

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Reduced rates by 1.5% so not all that good if the original rates were 4.99% :)

Oh, that changes things.

That said given the state of the market, at some point i could probably get the government to subsidize the car purchase as part of "economic stimulus" or get a lower rate wholesale.

Who wants to go in on 10 LCs with me? We will just have to pool and structure it as relief funds, and we will probably have to use the cars to deliver ventilators to the front lines.

Reliability is critical, obviously, so we are going with a naturally aspirated engine in a toyota.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
20-04-08-lexus-lc-2021-hero.jpg

The Lexus LC coupe has been updated for the 2021 model year with a host of performance upgrades and some new colorways.
Performance

First off, weight has been reduced by 22 pounds as a result of aluminum lower suspension arms, lighter suspension stabilizers, new high-strength coil spring material, and lighter 21-inch rear wheels.
Next, the suspension was retuned for a smoother ride — the length of the front suspension was lengthened, the bound stopper rigidity was optimized, and the rear stabilizers were tweaked for more linear steering input during turn-in.
20-04-08-lexus-lc-grey-2021.jpg

Finally, Active Cornering Assist (ACA) was added to the LC’s Vehicle Stability Control (VSC). This system helps control cornering by adding brake control to the inner wheels when G-force demands are greater during spirited driving...

Continue reading...

Reactions
Great updates! No one can’t complaint anything about a simple things to other that’s have none sense to the complaining people you are and they are, sorry by the way I said. Its a good new unexpected news. Also the convertible will have same features probably with LC-F.

Last edited:
Reactions
Logic changes to the 10-speed automatic Direct-Shift transmission on the V8-powered LC 500 help provide enhancement for daily driving in what engineers refer to as the “active zone,” or the area where most drivers find themselves at in the 50-70% throttle range. The Direct-Shift transmission allows the engine RPM to expand in this range to accentuate the feeling of acceleration before shifting into the next gear.

I hope to god all of this word salad means that they've shortened the gearing. Having the long gears made this car sluggish.

Mk4UmHa

Founding Member
Reactions
Wow, it looks so good, you can't even tell it's a convertible. Lexus did a great job and it also weighs less! Unlike this RC Coupe with the reinforced midsection for a convertible that added weight which was never offered in a convertible.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
Great updates! No one can’t complaint anything about a simple things to other that’s have none sense to the complaining people you are and they are, sorry by the way I said. Its a good new unexpected news. Also the convertible will have same features probably with LC-F.

Make a comeback wagon in Lexus (IS) again as 1 gen with the same platform with the upcoming redesign in 2021 or later, maybe early 2022!

The boy of car dreaming, please, try and proof read your content and also check for relevance. Why are we bringing up an IS estate in an LC update thread? I respect that English might not be your first language though.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
Does it still not have a 360 degree camera parking assist ?

Embarassing isn’t it? You can spec it in £15k Nissans for crying out loud.

Would do nothing for weight, but since everyone is now at ease LC is a GT and not a sports car, why don’t they put in some of that lovely LS Shiatsu massage gubbins? That would make it on par with S Class Coupés features and I’m sure the others.

Madi

Fan
Reactions
It seems like there are more updates in the performance side for the transmissions' logic of the LC500 & LC500h

The 2021 LC will continue to be available in LC 500 and LC 500h models. The LC 500 continues to use a 471-horsepower, 5.0-liter V8, but Lexus says the 10-speed automatic has new logic changes that allow each gear to be held longer, "to accentuate the feeling of acceleration before shifting into the next gear," according to a statement.

For the LC 500h, Lexus' combination of a 3.5-liter V6 and electric motor carries over intact, making the same 354 combined horsepower as before. The hybrid's janky gearbox gets a few updates, too -- remember, the 500h uses a weird combination of a four-speed automatic and a continuously variable transmission -- and Lexus says the transmission will now downshift into second gear instead of third under hard acceleration.

Reactions
The boy of car dreaming, please, try and proof read your content and also check for relevance. Why are we bringing up an IS estate in an LC update thread? I respect that English might not be your first language though.
I have mentioned (IS) it is a good opportunity because they can return with the wagon again as generation 1 as they will make the Lexus brand with a return the convertible (LC) with its new features and the convertible a new body of the same car such see their insides. And I want to say that I or nobody can complain about its new things that will make the (LC) interesting and the brand that is working very hard as the true luxury car with which the brand competes with old and new luxury brands. May your visions come true and be real. Excuse me (Hyundai / KIA / Genesis) I know that their cars are good and cute and it is true but that they took their most powerful engineering and brand designers from the (Volkswagen group) for their cars to be more attention and great. As competing car companies like walmart and target stores and they have to demonstrate their real and true hard work and visions and not take their walmart's formula for their powerful every business company has talent and power to be unique. Every business has (talent and power) even if you are not so popular. Thank you Rydo!

Last edited: