LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
I was responding to the question that the 2UR specifically has to be manufactured for the car it needs to go in. It is not a mass produced engine so Lexus makes it in specific quantities so spares are out of question. That makes it more expensive to manufacture.

Interesting. I just figure that some sales of the GS or LC will fall or RC andCentury so they could just use sone of those allotments.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
I am not sure the UR V8 will fit in the 3IS - Lexus themselves have said the third generation car is too snug, thus there not being a 2nd gen IS F. Keep in mind the RC uses the front sub frame from a GS, not an IS, and that is likely to make room for the V8 in the RC F. Just making the RC an IS coupe all the way around would have been a lot easier (and cheaper)... there is a reason they specifically used GS parts for the front and IS parts at the middle and rear.
Very true. This could mean one of two things: either the 3IS major facelift will follow RC in replacing the IS front sub-frame with the GS's in order to fit the 2UR V8 (unlikely) or Motor Trend got it right and the IS 500 will, in fact, use the V35A TT V6 from the current LS and not the 5-liter V8 (far more likely).

So what time exactly are we expecting specifics to drop?
Monday 15 June at 7 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time = Tuesday 16 June at 8 AM Japan Standard Time

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
To spread some optimism, I saw some youtube vloggers saying it is pretty spectacular to people saying it would not be as good as the TLX or 3-series etc. Hope there are some great surprises in there.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
To spread some optimism, I saw some youtube vloggers saying it is pretty spectacular to people saying it would not be as good as the TLX or 3-series etc. Hope there are some great surprises in there.

Links?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I just watched the track video again. End screen: "If you want to push the limit, you have to go all in." Even for marketing spin, that's a little silly for a 7 year old chassis and a 15 year old engine. Ugh.

The B-Roll video clearly shows the 2GR-FKS under the hood of the IS 350 F-Sport... so those thinking there is something more can now see the proof.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
I was expecting a MY20 GX, but I see Lexus went the way of the MY16 LX; huge exterior changes, interior updates that make it relevant to the competition.

The exterior is fantastic, even if its a major facelift, I think dealers and customers alike will have no problem paying a premium (as in at least close to sticker)
The interior has been a good place to be. I`d be lying if I said I didnt hope for revolutionary change in the interior, but with the inclusion of CP/AA, on top of the already included tft cluster its good enough.

The powertrain and total package is what I`m waiting on

Reactions
I think the IS 500 will be apart of the lineup and will compete with the current offering everyone else has until 2023. Regardless if it comes with 416 or 472 hp thats still more than what competition is offering in their mild-sport models especially if TLX is only coming with 350 hp.

wyvern

Fan
Reactions
Ironically, this reminds me of the Acura TLX's 2017 facelift. Exterior got a huge lift and really looked fresh but barely anything done to the interior leaving it look very dated compared to rivals when you hopped inside.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
The interior treatment reminds me of when they upscale the GT R interior a couple of years ago. Better materials, more striking color choices, etc..

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Those round vents...what are they doing??? They designed masterpiece interior like LS and LC. And then hired an intern to do the IS interior design.

About the powertrain...increasing the redline on the engine will bring noticeable performance gains. They don't even need to retune it (although using 8GR-FKS tune is certainly welcome). Currently the transmission shifts right at peak power (6600rpm), which is a huge waste of its potential.

If there was an IS500 it will use V35. The 2UR is just too wide, while the V35 is incredibly compact.

Reactions
Disappointed with the interior. Was expecting a slight overhaul but they barely did anything, and yes, the round Benz-like air vents are gross. Cup holders are still in the same terrible place. No power-folding for the side mirrors too.

Exterior is great, though. The UX-style rear tailights don't look as gross as I had thought.

Will1991

Reactions
Really nice exterior design!

Those round vents...what are they doing??? They designed masterpiece interior like LS and LC. And then hired an intern to do the IS interior design.

Maybe cost-cutting measure?

toyota-auris-touring-air-vents.jpg

It looks based on the Auris facelift air vent, maybe just with a new wheel?