2019 ES350/300h sound system balance issue

Reactions
I have read numerous reviews that the sound system in the ES350/300h does not allow the ability to adjust the sound balance between the front and rear. Is this the Pioneer stock system or the Mark Levinson system? It's a big deal paying the price for a Lexus and even more for the ML system only to be disappointed. I greatly appreciate the clarification!

Reactions
Hi
My ES 200h, european version, with Pioneer system, have this and some more problems with the audio system:
- There are almost no sound from back door speakers.
- When you are sitting at front, you will ear mainly the speaker from your side; There are not stereo sound here, unless you adjust the balance one or two point to the other side. But then the sound on the other side is worse...
- When you play disks from USB key by folder, the pioneer order it ALPHABETYCALLY based on the file name.
- When you play disks from USB key by artist/disk, the pioneer order it ALPHABETYCALLY based on the tag name of the song.
**SO it never use the tag order *** Almost any chinesse player could done this correctly. Solution: you need to edit the file NAME of every file, and the TAG name of every song..
- The system ever put a little space between songs (1 second may be). This makes me especially angry.
- If you want to explore a USB with some folders and subfolders (like /artist/album/songs.. ), you can't. It will show you all folders in a mess.
- There are a sound adjustment "Surround", but does not nothing at all.
There are other things that piss me off, like there's no voice command to cancel an active route in the nav system (my 12 years old toyota avensis have this). You have to search in the menu system with the touch pad, and push two or three "keys" to cancel route, or keep listening to the girl.
Or that the radio arranges the stations as it likes and changes them when it wants, or that when you press the "media" key then you have to select the USB again because the system does not memorize it, etc. These are things that in everyday life make it an unpleasant system to use.

The rest of the car, engine, consumption, smoothness, security systems, ever the navigation system, is fantastic to me.
The touch pad and 10" screen position is really a good option. Is really easy to use, and not very distractive, like others touch screens.

Last edited:
Reactions
Thanks but I'm looking especially for issues with the Mark Levinson system. It's important to know that the Pioneer system is having these issues. Perhaps they're limited to Pioneer and not ML, specifically the 2019 model year?

Reactions
I was reading over on ClubLexus where someone posted this about the front/rear ML sound issue. I can't find that TSB online, and it's a relatively new post there. Someone is heading in for an oil change and will ask the service manager about more info.

L-SB-0020-20 is for 2019 ES350/300h's older than a specific VIN break.

Some 2019 model year ES 350 and ES 300h vehicles equipped with the base audio system may exhibit a front-rear sound imbalance where the rear sound bias is less than expected even when fading the sound to the rear. The amplifier logic has been updated to address this condition. Follow the Repair Procedure in this bulletin to address this condition

Reactions
There's still debate as to whether the ML stereo is part of the recall or if it's just for "base" units.

Many complain the same problem exists with the upgraded system, other say they think the ML is fine.

Attachments

• L-SB-0020-20 (1).pdf
    332.3 KB · Views: 25
Reactions
I did too, I wonder if this applies to European cars. I will check with my seller.
Thanks