2016 Lexus RX... will it be a 5 or 7 seater? Lets vote!

Will the RX be a 5 or 7 seater this generation?

• 5 Seater

Votes: 32 88.9%
  • 7 Seater

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • RX F CCSR Lightweight 2 seat SUV

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
Mmmm.... It sure would be an interesting idea to see a Lexus 7 seater in a hybrid SUV form appearing on the market. But do you think 7 would fit in this shape? Seems like the same size as the current generation to me...

15-02-12-lexus-rx-next-gen.jpg

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Think the RX will stay a five-seater, with a new three-row crossover above the RX in the lineup.

I don't think you mess with the level of success the RX has. This vehicle is the engine that runs Lexus.

Reactions
The RX will stay a 5 seater according to people I know that work at dealerships and have attended the dealer meeting.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
I agree with the last few posts. I strongly believe the RX will remain a five-seater, and Lexus may debut a model above the RX as a seven-seater. That then would complicate the situation regarding the GX and LX. They'd have to further differentiate the GX and the LX from a seven-seater crossover. The GX is selling well now, so I don't see Lexus canning that model.

Brooks2IS

Premium Member
Reactions
I still contend that Toyota is evolving themselves into the premium world. When the current Avalon was released a few years ago, there was talk that the Avalon could replace the ES all together. Whether this is true is a different argument-- my point is that upper end Toyotas can be really nice. I believe the 3 row RX already exists; its called a Highlander Limited. Lexus has phenomenal success with a 5 passenger RX. Seven passenger "rivals" like the MDX and Infiniti JX didn't even come close to the RX in sales... is it really worth it to potentially alienate RX 5 passenger loyalists just to please the nagging journalists and relative handful of buyers that want an insanely small third row?

mikeavelli

Reactions
What if a LWB RX came? Maybe Avalon based like the current ES?

Brooks strikes a familiar chord, if the RX is the best selling and regarded by many as best in class, why chase two seats for 3 year olds lol.

FYI, I find the Highlander 3rd row unusable for adults...I guess though for kids its great to have.

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
Both options are good. For simplification purposes I would prefer it to be a Highlander-based 3rd row floorplan.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Corporate was here about 2 weeks ago, we had a area meeting ( we are the only dealer in the area so it was just our management team ) and said the 7 seater will not be until 2018

That seems more realistic to me than next year -- I think the NX and the next-generation RX can carry the SUVs until then.

Reactions: RAL