2016 Lexus RX... will it be a 5 or 7 seater? Lets vote!

Will the RX be a 5 or 7 seater this generation?

• 5 Seater

Votes: 32 88.9%
  • 7 Seater

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • RX F CCSR Lightweight 2 seat SUV

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Doubt we stand much of a chance of seeing the RX resemble anything like the RR Sport. Our best shot at that would be some type of GS-based CUV, or possibly the next gen GX depending on how Lexus positions it.

I am in for 2 row RX next year and 3 row the year after. Sounds like a good plan to me.

bnizzle87

Fan
Reactions
I wouldn't mind seeing the RX with 7 seats, but truthfully, we've been looking at the LX and given the size and space, that fits the shape of what a 7 seat SUV should look like. Expanding the RX to 7 seats would make it rather tight.

Reactions
I believe the 7 seater will be an option only on the luxury package on the car...let's wait and see :)

Reactions: CIF

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Corporate was here about 2 weeks ago, we had a area meeting ( we are the only dealer in the area so it was just our management team ) and said the 7 seater will not be until 2018

You called it correctly that the RX L will arrive as a 2018 model and is currently on sale...I know you posted this over two years ago...

abraxas

Fan
Reactions
Still the ugliest cars on the road. Anybody know when the next gen is coming and if they'll remove/revise that stupid looking grille? It should be only on a few of the sports models IMO.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Next gen for the RX isn't far off, but it's 100% certain whatever's next will have some version of the spindle grille. It's the centerpiece of the brand now.

Reactions
Still the ugliest cars on the road. Anybody know when the next gen is coming and if they'll remove/revise that stupid looking grille? It should be only on a few of the sports models IMO.
The grille really doesn't look that bad. I feel like they made it look a lot sleeker from the 300 to 350.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions

My opinion is this current gen RX looks much better than all previous gens, and it seems that sales numbers are up too.

I never liked the styling of any of previous gen RX’s, instead I owned several other non-Lexus mid-sized SUV’s 2001-2012.