16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
iu

On a side note, the take rate in NY region from that leaked memo shows a nearly 40% drop in HiHy and 26% Venza sales...is this purely a allocation side issue, or demand issue?

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Looks awesome, not bad at all!
It's all now in their hands for a good handling

If they do it with good handling, I can see myself burn some money

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Looks awesome, not bad at all!
It's all now in their hands for a good handling

If they do it with good handling, I can see myself burn some money
I don't know if it's the image or what but it doesn't look as big as crossovers but about the same height as sedans used to be

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
From all the rumours I've read by Best Car, if they are correct there will be 2 versions of the new Crown, the sedan version and the lifted version for all the weird people out there.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
One thing is for certain though toyota has kept a pretty good wrap over the 16th gen cause not a single test mule has been spotted.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
One thing is for certain though toyota has kept a pretty good wrap over the 16th gen cause not a single test mule has been spotted.
the same way the LC300 was, currently next gen prius, camry and bevy are all hidden. Spy vehicles and their sighting have now moved into Toyota PR. They only start "revealing" themselves once we the rollout plan has finalized to keep eyes directed at launch.

#grainyDSLRclub

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
the same way the LC300 was, currently next gen prius, camry and bevy are all hidden. Spy vehicles and their sighting have now moved into Toyota PR. They only start "revealing" themselves once we the rollout plan has finalized to keep eyes directed at launch.

#grainyDSLRclub
But images of production ready lc300 leaked in april which was 2 months before launch and if rumours are correct we are about 2-3 months from launch

Reactions
View attachment 5578
From Toyota Taiwan,all new flagship crossover…

With the ES production going back to Japan, I suspect Lexus is taking the ES upmarket to fill both the current ES and old GS market positions.

The Crown/ES is becoming Toyota's version of the Audi A6, FWD based but sporty AWD Sports sedan.

The new ES will be based on the upcoming FWD-based Crown but with more power, better handling, better NVH suppression and more luxury features. I suspect e-AWD will be standard on the ES.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
With the ES production going back to Japan, I suspect Lexus is taking the ES upmarket to fill both the current ES and old GS market positions.

The Crown/ES is becoming Toyota's version of the Audi A6, FWD based but sporty AWD Sports sedan.

The new ES will be based on the upcoming FWD-based Crown but with more power, better handling, better NVH suppression and more luxury features. I suspect e-AWD will be standard on the ES.
Praying your opinion is correct

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
A new article on bestcar claims crown will be based of the bz4 sdn and will be more driver focused where as crown majesta will return and will be more for being chauffeured in, so crown would technically be filling in the role of mark x

Reactions
A new article on bestcar claims crown will be based of the bz4 sdn and will be more driver focused where as crown majesta will return and will be more for being chauffeured in, so crown would technically be filling in the role of mark x

But it would be FWD no? Mark X was RWD.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Mark x was one heck of machine its last gen featured 4gr (2.5 v6) and 2gr (3.5 v6) engine and sadly 4gr is not used anymore and 2 gr is about to die too

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Mark X even has a GRMN version with 365PS supercharged 3.5 and a 6MT. Sucks its sister car 3IS never received that treatment.
Slightly off topic question, but I was wondering why Best Car keeps insisting that the current IS will get a true F version?