16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

shizhi

Follower
Reactions
You're sure about that? What I saw is gen 15.
View attachment 5477
It completely confuses me that S220 Crown (gen 15) will be discontinued in JDM March 2022, but will be imported to China as CBU. Is this just to keep the GA-N line running to keep Mirai cost low enough?

Prices I've seen is ¥350-450k for 2.5L hybrid. If that price range was true it's better value than ES300h.
16代的来源是国内经销商的店总,不是普通销售…

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
According to this
-15th gen will continue till next year with minor revisions
-Crown suv launch this year
-Crown majesta succesor headed this year
Although there aren't any details about majesta my guess it would be very similar to the mirai

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Looks like S220 will indeed be kept alive at least for a year. The recent order stop is due to change in Japanese regulations that makes rear parking support brake (i.e. RCTA-B) mandatory. Lines up with rumors that 15th gen will be imported to China for 2022.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Toyota-GR-Corolla-Debut-Leak-1.jpg

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Damn, condolences to the person whose heads gonna role after this leak.
If this is an RX based toyota, then is the crown nameplate going to mean something else in other markets?

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I don't see why the Crown would be RX based. Isn't the general consensus this will be a platform-mate with the ES?

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I don't see why the Crown would be RX based. Isn't the general consensus this will be a platform-mate with the ES?
The Avalon, fully redesigned for MY19, is getting cut short early because of the soft full size market. I can't fathom that there is a business case to replace it 1:1 with another sedan.

That begs the question: how would one fix the Avalon for the market? Raise the H point by 6", give it some larger diameter tires to smooth out the bad roads, make AWD available with big torquey engine, and improve the practicality by giving it a liftback rather than a trunk. That is awfully similar to a Toyota badged RX.

Last edited:

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
To add on to this theory about the crown, TMMI had a press release in April 21 about two additional vehicles in the lineup

I'm hard pressed to understand what the Crown is, as Toyota filed for both the Crown and Grand Highlander tms.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Definitely looks like a hypothetical Audi A5 Sportback Allroad. Best of both worlds, more ground clearance, low sitting position.
But it doesn't look as high as crossovers are these days it looks about as high as sedans from 90's.

Last edited:

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Honestly I can be tempted with the A5 allroad idea

Infact I loved the KIA XCEED because the exact same reason
If the CUV/ SUV is the new norm so I want lower ground clearance and sports CUV not as those so called CUV / SUV coupe by the German Automakers