12th Generation E120 Toyota Corolla Thread (Hatch, Sedan, Cross, GR)

Lexucator

Fan
Reactions
CVT... so far pretty roomy and feels high quality for its price. I can’t seem to figure out the infotainment I guess I need a Toyota APP.
Mu kid just said “it handles good and I like the screen” lol
Which trim level do you have, @mikeavelli? As a former owner of a ‘19 UX 250h and current owner of a ‘21 Corolla HB XSE 6-speed, I am curious to read any additional impressions of the Corolla HB.

You mentioned figuring out the Toyota app. I am actually still using the Lexus app, but now I am using it for my Corolla. What I still find interesting and unusual, the morning my wife and I were scheduled to trade in the UX, I received multiple alerts on the Lexus app, informing me that our yet to be officially purchased Corolla had several doors unlocked and a window left open. Pretty intuitive and very cool!

mikeavelli

Reactions
Which trim level do you have, @mikeavelli? As a former owner of a ‘19 UX 250h and current owner of a ‘21 Corolla HB XSE 6-speed, I am curious to read any additional impressions of the Corolla HB.

You mentioned figuring out the Toyota app. I am actually still using the Lexus app, but now I am using it for my Corolla. What I still find interesting and unusual, the morning my wife and I were scheduled to trade in the UX, I received multiple alerts on the Lexus app, informing me that our yet to be officially purchased Corolla had several doors unlocked and a window left open. Pretty intuitive and very cool!

it is a Night Shade edition. I just can’t believe how nice this is for a Corolla. Seating position is high but visibility is good. Armrest is tiny. I only see one USB port. Has good pep to me and moves, doesn’t feel slow. It’s amazing how far FWD has come, you still feel it but is pretty masked.

Gonna test cargo room this weekend.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Anyone else think this is the "all new CUV"?

time.jpg

supra93

Expert
Reactions

Toyota isn’t done teasing new models as they’ve released a short video previewing an upcoming crossover.

The company is staying tight-lipped, but the teaser suggests the crossover will have muscular fenders and a rakish windscreen that flows into a sloping roof. We can also see a pronounced beltline and what appears to be a rear spoiler.

Toyota is being pretty cryptic but said, “Even the most iconic works of art are born from a simple sketch.” They also teased, “Get ready for a new take on a familiar face.”

The latter clue is interesting as it suggests the crossover will be a variant of an existing model. While nothing is official, it could be the Corolla Cross as the vehicle was recently spotted undergoing testing in the United States and reports have suggested it could be offered in America.

As you may recall, Toyota introduced the Corolla Cross last summer and it’s a compact crossover that measures 175.5 inches (4,460 mm) long, 71.9 inches (1,825 mm) wide and 63.8 inches (1,620 mm) tall with a wheelbase that spans 103.9 inches (2,640 mm). This makes it slightly larger than the C-HR, but smaller than the RAV4.

While the Corolla Cross is a possible candidate, we’ll find out for sure on June 2nd.

Toyota-Crossover-Teaser-1.jpg

2021-Toyota-Corolla-Cross-Left-Side.jpg

Last edited:

Motor

Expert
Reactions
Last edited:

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Why no hybrid? With all the talk of electrification and EVs from other automakers, why no Corolla Cross Hybrid? That crosses it off my shopping list.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Mazda Toyota unveils SUV to be built at new $2.3 billion Alabama plant

Mazda Toyota officials today announced the vehicle it will first produce at the giant $2.3 billion auto manufacturing plant in Huntsville.

The Toyota Corolla Cross will be in dealer lots later this year, Vice President Mark Brazeal said. The Sports Utility Vehicle is described as “small but spacious and mighty,” according to Mazda Toyota Executive Vice President Hiro Kagohashi.

The vehicle will be known as the Corolla Cross. The plant is expected to begin production on the vehicle in matter of weeks and be in dealer showrooms by the end of the year.

The display model unveiled Wednesday was built at the Alabama plant, Hostettler said.
This confirms something we already know, that the Corolla Cross will be built at the new Mazda Toyota Manufacturing plant in Huntsville. Alabama, and that production has started, with prototypes displayed this past week.

It could explain why a Corolla Cross Hybrid will not be available for another year, as production slowly ramps up to full capacity.

The Toyota Corolla Cross will be manufactured on the Apollo assembly line, Brazeal said, while the yet-to-be-announced Mazda vehicle will be built on the Discovery assembly line. The two lines received their names to honor Huntsville’s rich space history.
We still do not know what Mazda model will be built there. It could be any model, even an existing model not related to any Toyota model (i.e. not built on a Toyota platform), as it will be built on a separate assembly line.

The two assembly lines are named Apollo, to honour Huntsville, Alabama's contribution to NASA's moon-shot program; and Discovery, to honour the NASA space shuttle Discovery.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
I'm very glad that in these past few years UMW Toyota has really gotten their act together. Of course it's Toyota that's pushing for electrified vehicles in my country and not the two useless and complacent local brands, Proton and Perodua.

Btw any more insider info about the GR Corolla? The last one I saw was from Best Car, G16E-GTS tuned to 300ps, 6 speed manual transmission, GR FOUR AWD system and it weighs 1340kg(seems unusually light for a modern C-segment AWD hot hatch IMO). https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/287049

Reactions
It looks like it is coming... Carwow did a very comprehensive video on Toyota's current enthusiast lineup and FINALLY is the first of the big YouTube channels to mention the GR Super Sport hypercar as well.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
JDM version is more luxurious, huge pano roof there.
This is very much classic Toyota, safe design, lots of space, economical engines and reasonably priced.

larryren

Follower
Reactions
Greeting LE's Friends!
ChDM GAC-Toyota version Corolla Cross is announced by official pre-promo website.
The car called "Frontlander"(In Chinese called"锋兰达").
Exterior design is almost same with JDM version. Such as headlight/taillight and JDM version "S trim" 17inch rims design with twin color.
It can unofficially approve the FAW-Toyota will using US/Thai' version exterior.
Powertrain/trims etc. still unknown, more info waiting until Guangzhou Auto Show in Nov.

kv.jpg

QQ截图20210925210518.jpg