12th Generation E120 Toyota Corolla Thread (Hatch, Sedan, Cross, GR)

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I did the GR track day with NASA at Summit Point in my GR Corolla over the weekend. The good was that it was well organized and everything pretty much stayed to schedule. The track is definitely more technical than the others I've driven; it felt like the car was always in transition versus other tracks I've driven that were more point and shoot. The car's limits are considerably higher than I expected. The bad was HPDE1 only got 2 sessions if one used the Toyota voucher. Had I paid out of pocket, for what Toyota was supposedly charged by NASA, I would have had 4 sessions across 2 days. I expect that Toyota and NASA worked out a lower cost deal since it was fewer sessions. For a first track day in my own car with my own skin in the game, this was fine, but I'll want more time the next time. The car was completely stock and was completely without complaint from my 50 minutes or so on track.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
With such strong showings for the GR Yaris, GR Corolla, GR86 and GR Supra, I'd love to see what GR can do for Lexus, just not sure how/what/when that looks like from a product point of view.

I remember years ago when GR mentioned tuning the next gen GS, and then that car got killed. Aside from the LFA II, I haven't heard anything else about GR being involved with Lexus products.

Reactions
One thing about buying hot limited production Toyota vehicles, you really have to shop around, scouring the Internet and be willing to travel if you don't want to pay dealer markups and what not
1706033843708.png

Reactions
One thing about buying hot limited production Toyota vehicles, you really have to shop around, scouring the Internet and be willing to travel if you don't want to pay dealer markups and what not
View attachment 8627
I don’t know the production numbers for Blue Flame, but what’s interesting to me about the Incognito Launch edition is that it made up the majority of IS500s produced that year by a pretty large margin while sellers treated it as a rarity because it was technically limited-production. 500 models, yes, but that’s still a sizable chunk of all IS500s made so far.

Blue flame may be limited for now, but to me, that doesn’t warrant paying markup when the color could very well trickle down to most other IS and RC trims, like Incognito.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I don’t know the production numbers for Blue Flame, but what’s interesting to me about the Incognito Launch edition is that it made up the majority of IS500s produced that year by a pretty large margin while sellers treated it as a rarity because it was technically limited-production. 500 models, yes, but that’s still a sizable chunk of all IS500s made so far.

Blue flame may be limited for now, but to me, that doesn’t warrant paying markup when the color could very well trickle down to most other IS and RC trims, like Incognito.

I think part of the reason for the LE making up such a high % of the sales for 2022 IS 500 was the fuel pump issue that took out so much of the production for that year. The factory pushed out all 500 of the LEs, then got onto primary production, and not too long after, the supplier for the fuel pumps had to be changed and production nearly stopped until the 2023MY while Toyota vetted new suppliers.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Very fair review of the car. It's an insane little rocket, but Toyota has a lot of improving to do in terms of beefing the car up further to take more abuse.
I know the GR-Four awd system came out a few years already, but I'm still a little disappointed that it isn't an AWD system with a center differential, especially after seeing some people facing the awd clutch coupling disengaging from overheating and becoming a fwd car lugging around extra weight.

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
I know the GR-Four awd system came out a few years already, but I'm still a little disappointed that it isn't an AWD system with a center differential, especially after seeing some people facing the awd clutch coupling disengaging from overheating and becoming a fwd car lugging around extra weight.
The msrp price point of the GR, GT, and Supra are designed to be a blank canvas to build on. The issue tho, is most of these vehicles start off at above sticker, then add in mod money and while its built to your unique tastes, that money could be invested into a factory engineered vehicle thats better equipped from the get go.

On top that, I dont know if this a dealership issue or Toyota issue, but I see a lot of issues with modding and warranty concerns or track use and warranty concerns; its as though Toyota advertises track ready, but their service warranty department operates on the principle that any evidence of track use is an automatic grounds for voiding the warranty.