Bon voyage, LS460. Hello LS500

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
LS500 AWD, Nightfall Mica, Noble Brown interior (I really love the reddish tint to it, it's super lux looking without being "look at me!"), black/grey Art Wood trim, the luxury package, pano roof, and of course the Mark Levinson stereo.

Photos soon if I can figure out how to post them :)

RAL

Reactions
Wow ... I am envious! Let me offer my congratulations too! I sat in a new LS with Noble Brown interior at the dealer on Tuesday. It is such a rich color! Looking forward to photos and everything else you might share with us about your new ride!

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Congratulations on getting an LS 500! Look forward to your pics. Will you miss your LS 460?

There's a few things - I'm not entirely enamored of the new shifter, and I like the placement of the cupholders better on the 460. But on the other hand, I got the 500 onto a nice twisty back road today and it handles so much better it's not even close.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
IMO LS looks much better in darker colors. The leather surrounded gauge/cluster display, it is the best execution I know. So small and compact, with all the necessary information. Much better than Audi's huge screen for example or Porsche dual screen.

Last edited:
Reactions
AWD with most of the toys too! nice! and yes, the AWD model really rips around turns nice. body roll isnt even close to as bad as the 460. as big as the 500 is, it doesnt feel like a bloated whale of a car at all. they did a really nice job with it. great color combo, btw. spent alot of time in a 500 yesterday (training a new LTS) and got to explore the car completely all over again. anyway, nice ride man!

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
AWD with most of the toys too! nice! and yes, the AWD model really rips around turns nice. body roll isnt even close to as bad as the 460. as big as the 500 is, it doesnt feel like a bloated whale of a car at all. they did a really nice job with it.

It's not at Mini Cooper levels of "fling it around corners" but I'm more impressed by the TNGA/GA-L handling improvements every time I drive it. It feels significantly smaller than the 460.

Last edited:

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
wow, nice! Noble brown is on point! Congratulations.

Do you mind sharing your purchase details? msrp, discounts, lease/financing, etc...

Sticker was $99k, which I honestly wasn't expecting to make work going in (I figured I'd come back after the 2019s were out and get a good discount on a leftover '18). I put $5k down plus the trade of my mint-condition leased LS460 and was able to negotiate around $300/month off of the stock quoted payments on a 48-month lease. I was perfectly fine with continuing to enjoy my 460 if I didn't get the number I wanted. So I simply gave them the lease payment I wanted up front and shot down every offer that wasn't it.

Reactions
Good god, that looks stunning. Congratulations on your amazing purchase. Buzzing for you right now! :D

I hope you wring the heck out of that Twin-Turbocharged V6 engine, because I am really excited to see your opinion on that. Now that you own a car that has this engine, you can potentially fill in on the experience this power unit provides. There still hasn't been a reviewer who has been able to capture the magic of this engine. Hopefully it can spark further discussions on whether it will trickle down to the potential GS, and the next generation IS, RC or even the SUV's, also adding your opinion on whether this engine is enough to replace the V8's. Personally, I think this could be the answer we need in regards to Lexus' future. Honestly though, congratu-freaking-lations on your new LS.

Last edited: