DOC4Lex

Fan
Reactions
Lexus will experience a supply issue for 2023 cause the RZ450e will be sold out within weeks. So put your deposit now or else sit in the waiting list for 2024/2025

Kelvin2020

Follower
Reactions
Just test drove the RZ, besides the range this is an amazing car. The drive is silky smooth and very linear acceleration, the cockpit is well organized and high quality, love the suede interior.

Attachments

• 6D9F0EF3-68B7-4794-B4ED-75267CC36BB4.jpeg
    6D9F0EF3-68B7-4794-B4ED-75267CC36BB4.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 33
  • 505FE753-8691-4E7C-8FDB-28E630DAE98B.jpeg
    505FE753-8691-4E7C-8FDB-28E630DAE98B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33

DOC4Lex

Fan
Reactions
Just test drove the RZ, besides the range this is an amazing car. The drive is silky smooth and very linear acceleration, the cockpit is well organized and high quality, love the suede interior.
That is the exact spec RZ i require. might swap the 20" for 19" wheels or 18inch but Lexus has make a prettier rims for 18" inch, i know they are functional.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Looks to me among used BEVs, this and the Bz4X are the ones to purchase, even post-battery warranty.

85-95% driving range on the 10th year sounds good in my book.

A cousin in Vancouver, BC (mostly moderate climate year-round) bought a Soul EV and capacity was below 70% within the warranty period of eight years.

Driving range, fast charging and motor power are muted for battery longevity. Anyone who can't tell that is too quick to poo poo Toyota's effort.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Looks to me among used BEVs, this and the Bz4X are the ones to purchase, even post-battery warranty.

85-95% driving range on the 10th year sounds good in my book.

A cousin in Vancouver, BC (mostly moderate climate year-round) bought a Soul EV and capacity was below 70% within the warranty period of eight years.

Driving range, fast charging and motor power are muted for battery longevity. Anyone who can't tell that is too quick to poo poo Toyota's effort.

Yes that is very important on a limited range vehicle like this one. No so much in case of a Model 3 LR, EQS 580, iX xDrive50, Nio ES8 LR, EV6 4WD and so on because even if they use more that 85% of the capacity they will still have more range than bz4x/RZ450e. Also keep in mind that bz4x takes the worst winter hit on battery capacity.

EDIT: link provided https://nye.naf.no/elbil/elprix (go to Resultater tab)

Last edited:

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Yes that is very important on a limited range vehicle like this one. No so much in case of a Model 3 LR, EQS 580, iX xDrive50, Nio ES8 LR, EV6 4WD and so on because even if they use more that 85% of the capacity they will still have more range than bz4x/RZ450e. Also keep in mind that bz4x takes the worst winter hit on battery capacity.

EDIT: link provided https://nye.naf.no/elbil/elprix (go to Resultater tab)
We don't know if on the 12th year those batteries will even be functional. Or if there will be support for battery replacements, like on Tesla's. Taycan battery pack replacement costs $45K USD.

Not sure with Toyota's either but all that pampering makes me think they will so.

Problem with batteries is they also die at the cell level. So the law of average tells me some will dies sooner while others later and that's not good if cells die, perhaps it requires replacement of the entire module (not really sure).

mikeavelli

Reactions
Courtesy of Lexus I’m driving a RZ 450e for awhile. This is the premium not the luxury model. I’ve had minimal time with it before so this will be good. And to be clear Lexus doesn’t even ask me to post a thing. I do this on my own accord.

I am not expecting to be blown away and I was expecting no one to notice this thing but in two days it’s like driving the LC. I assume it’s because in the two days I’ve had it, I’ve seen 300,000 Tesla’s and nothing like this. I’m also good with chargepoint stations all around me. I have to say the EV part feels cool for whatever reasons.

Wife loves it. More than the RX. Shocked me. Her initial why’s?
1. Likes how it looks.
2. Different to anything else.
3. Feels like a car.
4. Hates gas stations and charging at home or work is clutch,

I’ve said before I don’t care about range and so far it’s true for me. I drove like 8 miles one day and 9 the next. Plugged it in at home and overnight got me back to fill. Showed 222 miles max. Range mode I think 270 but that turns the A/C etc off.

Pretty quick at any speed. No Tesla Performance but faster than my IS 350 F Sport at any speed. So far never felt close to underpowered. Steering and handling are really good.. This new Lexus “Signature Drive” is for real.

Damn it’s quiet. Many of us there have stated an EV Lexus makes sense for the brand as one of Lexus hallmarks are quiet and low NVH. This is super quiet. Almost calming. A Tesla is quiet but always cracks and creaks as build quality is poor. This is built out of granite in comparison.

Negatives so far. The color and wheels are meh to me. This is the new “Ether” color, The RZ feels more raised car than crossover. I noticed most crossovers sit higher than me. Kinda weird for now. I’ve done a couple of quick jumps over familiar roads and with the floor being full of batteries it feels different than a car. Clearly this is just an odd footnote. No glovebox so the giant owners manual takes up the cool space where the transmission usually is. Going to put it in the trunk. And image wise this ain’t for me and again I think it’s the color lol. Range anxiety would be real if I went out of town. I likely would just take the LX….

But mahn the thought of a daily? Maybe a black luxury lowered on 21s… hmmmmm…Space for camera car and car stuff, no more idiots at costco for gas. Rare rare rare. I mean 6,000 a year? Lexus sells 8,000 RX’s a month lol.

Note I have not mentioned the environment. I don’t believe EV’s are the environmental savior cult members try to say. If anything I’ve noticed they just want free energy. They don’t want to pay anything to charge it. They don’t want to pay road taxes. But they don’t mind spending a **** load of money on themselves to “feel” they are saving the world. I find the whole thing hilarious. I also don’t expect Tesla owners to jump and love this. This is still very much like a traditional car. No huge windshield. No cool X wing doors. No white interior. etc et.

So in two days I’m going to say it’s got my curiosity. The RZ has definitely got my interest…..I think it’s might have gotten beaten up online solely because of low range and it’s not the fastest to charge. But holy **** the other Lexus hallmarks are there…,,

Not bad so far….

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Last edited:

RAL

Reactions
Courtesy of Lexus I’m driving a RZ 450e for awhile. This is the premium not the luxury model. I’ve had minimal time with it before so this will be good. And to be clear Lexus doesn’t even ask me to post a thing. I do this on my own accord.

I am not expecting to be blown away and I was expecting no one to notice this thing but in two days it’s like driving the LC. I assume it’s because in the two days I’ve had it, I’ve seen 300,000 Tesla’s and nothing like this. I’m also good with chargepoint stations all around me. I have to say the EV part feels cool for whatever reasons.

Wife loves it. More than the RX. Shocked me. Her initial why’s?
1. Likes how it looks.
2. Different to anything else.
3. Feels like a car.
4. Hates gas stations and charging at home or work is clutch,

I’ve said before I don’t care about range and so far it’s true for me. I drove like 8 miles one day and 9 the next. Plugged it in at home and overnight got me back to fill. Showed 222 miles max. Range mode I think 270 but that turns the A/C etc off.

Pretty quick at any speed. No Tesla Performance but faster than my IS 350 F Sport at any speed. So far never felt close to underpowered. Steering and handling are really good.. This new Lexus “Signature Drive” is for real.

Damn it’s quiet. Many of us there have stated an EV Lexus makes sense for the brand as one of Lexus hallmarks are quiet and low NVH. This is super quiet. Almost calming. A Tesla is quiet but always cracks and creaks as build quality is poor. This is built out of granite in comparison.

Negatives so far. The color and wheels are meh to me. This is the new “Ether” color, The RZ feels more raised car than crossover. I noticed most crossovers sit higher than me. Kinda weird for now. I’ve done a couple of quick jumps over familiar roads and with the floor being full of batteries it feels different than a car. Clearly this is just an odd footnote. No glovebox so the giant owners manual takes up the cool space where the transmission usually is. Going to put it in the trunk. And image wise this ain’t for me and again I think it’s the color lol. Range anxiety would be real if I went out of town. I likely would just take the LX….

But mahn the thought of a daily? Maybe a black luxury lowered on 21s… hmmmmm…Space for camera car and car stuff, no more idiots at costco for gas. Rare rare rare. I mean 6,000 a year? Lexus sells 8,000 RX’s a month lol.

Note I have not mentioned the environment. I don’t believe EV’s are the environmental savior cult members try to say. If anything I’ve noticed they just want free energy. They don’t want to pay anything to charge it. They don’t want to pay road taxes. But they don’t mind spending a **** load of money on themselves to “feel” they are saving the world. I find the whole thing hilarious. I also don’t expect Tesla owners to jump and love this. This is still very much like a traditional car. No huge windshield. No cool X wing doors. No white interior. etc et.

So in two days I’m going to say it’s got my curiosity. The RZ has definitely got my interest…..I think it’s might have gotten beaten up online solely because of low range and it’s not the fastest to charge. But holy **** the other Lexus hallmarks are there…,,

Not bad so far….

View attachment 6989
I appreciate your candid appraisal. The quiet factor appeals to me. I was appreciating the quiet quality of our new ES ultra during a 2 hour road trip this afternoon. This blue color was very popular in Miami back in the 60's. I can remember my mom saying, "that's an old man's color!" Well now I find myself in my 70th year ... which my mind still can't quite grasp, but damn if I don't kinda like the color maybe with some different wheels! Funny how in our mind, we are always in our 30's despite the appeal of a light blue color :cool:

mikeavelli

Reactions
I appreciate your candid appraisal. The quiet factor appeals to me. I was marveling at the quiet quality of our new ES ultra during a 2 hour road trip this afternoon. This blue color was very popular in Miami back in the 60's. I can remember my mom saying, "that's an old man's color!" Well now I find myself in my 70th year ... which my mind still can't quite grasp, but damn if I don't kinda like the color maybe with some different wheels! Funny how in our mind, we are always in our 30's despite the appeal of a light blue color :cool:

Now that you said it, it does remind me of a Miami 60s color on Caddy’s etc back in the day…. It’s definitely different for Lexus as the blues are usually deeper in color,

This car doesn’t have ML but the stock sound system is great matched with the quietness of the car, Pretty serene around town not at highway speeds.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
The best thing about this thing is the looks. It's different. It plays with the lines a lot but it's not an overkill like BMW iX. It uses the black trims to keep the beltline thin and hides the weight. I love the graphics from the front wheel arch all the way to the back. I hate the double wheel arch on the back though. Unfortunately head lamps are as vanilla as they can get, I really don't like the Lexus trend of new head lamps they are boring and look like they belong on a Camry. To my eyes shield front instead of mesh is the worst part of this car, they should have just went with the mesh instead of a surface. That's also Tesla induced wrong trend to eliminate grill cause EVs don't need and it makes most cars look like the tape duck has been slapped over their face. RZ nose top edge being sloped up front against the whole face is another Tesla kink that adds nothing but headache if you lean your car against something and all the force is absorbed by that tense top fillet and thin bottom trim piece.

From what I heard interior is really up to task and it's not a Tesla cheap'oh ripp off. I guess it doesn't translate into photos very well. bz4x is a looker and this one is even more so. Hopefully MMC will fix it up.

Would I buy it? Nope. The only EV I really want is Honda E for it's quirk factor.

mikeavelli

Reactions
The best thing about this thing is the looks. It's different. It plays with the lines a lot but it's not an overkill like BMW iX. It uses the black trims to keep the beltline thin and hides the weight. I love the graphics from the front wheel arch all the way to the back. I hate the double wheel arch on the back though. Unfortunately head lamps are as vanilla as they can get, I really don't like the Lexus trend of new head lamps they are boring and look like they belong on a Camry. To my eyes shield front instead of mesh is the worst part of this car, they should have just went with the mesh instead of a surface. That's also Tesla induced wrong trend to eliminate grill cause EVs don't need and it makes most cars look like the tape duck has been slapped over their face. RZ nose top edge being sloped up front against the whole face is another Tesla kink that adds nothing but headache if you lean your car against something and all the force is absorbed by that tense top fillet and thin bottom trim piece.

From what I heard interior is really up to task and it's not a Tesla cheap'oh ripp off. I guess it doesn't translate into photos very well. bz4x is a looker and this one is even more so. Hopefully MMC will fix it up.

Would I buy it? Nope. The only EV I really want is Honda E for it's quirk factor.

You might be on to something. I’m at my local sanctuary and have brought every Lexus and many other cars here.

Guy drives down in his pickup and is staring at the car and rolls his window down to chat. “What is that we saw it from the plant”.. We chat for 30 minutes and I show him the RZ inside and out.. apparently everyone there saw the RZ and loved it but couldn’t figure out what vehicle it was…

In 4 years this is the first time this has happened…

3B4A8DCF-8051-4F96-A352-AB03F32F03C3.jpeg

E4DF90A6-74EC-4AF5-B907-AE62A95BECE3.jpeg08847A45-45DB-4192-872F-561B02EE98F6.jpeg

mikeavelli

Reactions
Went for lunch and was about to park in a regular spot and my wife reminds me “hey isn’t this electric go charge” lol… I honestly forgot being new to this..

There were 4 chargers but only 1 was working 🤦‍♂️. Luckily it was open. Level 2, plugged it in and went to eat. Came back and it added about 50 miles.

Imagine getting free gas at shopping plazas lol…

IMG_2296.jpeg